Today I downloaded DCSE 8.1 in the hopes of installing it onto my calculator (it has DCSE 8.0). However, when I attempted to transfer DCSE 8.1 via Ti-Connect, it claimed that it was not compatible with my TI-84 CSE. I tried to update TI-OS, thinking that was the problem, but that also failed. What am I doing wrong?
Are you using TI-Connect 1.6 or 4.0? The earlier TI-Connect does not understand what a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition is and therefore what apps for the color calculator are (although it will send non-app programs to TI-84+CSEs). Make sure you have TI-Connect 4.0.
I'm not sure what version of TI-Connect I'm using, I'll have to check.
Yep, I was using an older version of TI-Connect. That would explain a lot of the problems I've been having.
andymwat wrote:
Yep, I was using an older version of TI-Connect. That would explain a lot of the problems I've been having.
And did upgrading to the latest TI-Connect therefore enable you to send the newest version of Doors CSE to your calculator?
Yes, it did. Thanks for the help!
andymwat wrote:
Yes, it did. Thanks for the help!
Excellent, glad to hear it. Smile I'm happy that this particular issue was so straightforward to resolve.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours