I have Just Bought a Ti-85 calculator from one of my friends because I
needed One to Solve Matrices In Advanced Structure Analysis, being a
student of Engineering.. I preferred this over the Casio Fx-5800p.
I just wanted to ask , Is there any way that I can build a data cable of my
own to connect it to my PC as it didn't come with a cable to me.
If yes.. Can you please send me a manual of how to build it. And please
make it an easy job for me.
Btw I did go through Ti archive site and there were ways to build a cable but all of them seemed too much a heck of a job for me,I have one of these, Can you tell if this cable would work with Ti-85
Please see the Picture attached..
If not , Please suggest me the easiest way..

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkTeizSNhInKMPDPy3MKQu8RQemnoG7mSXR4WP0xj-VmF9aDUZ[/img]
Thanks in advance
MMohsinlive wrote:
Can you tell if this cable would work with Ti-85
Please see the Picture attached..
If not , Please suggest me the easiest way..
No, this cable will not work with the TI-85. You need a TI-Graphlink, an older serial-to-I/O TI linking cable that works with the TI-82 and TI-85, two models that lack proper silent linking. Newer calculators can use a linking cable called a Silverlink, a USB-to-I/O linking cable widely available in office supply stores, on eBay, and on TI's website. Good luck.
It is not here available in my country the Graphlink , any way I can self build it?
The closest thing to a third-party SilverLink is probably the recent http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10295 . Not necessarily cheaper than buying a SilverLink abroad.
If you have a paralell port, there are several link cables you can make. This one, for example.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
The closest thing to a third-party SilverLink is probably the recent http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10295 . Not necessarily cheaper than buying a SilverLink abroad.
Unfortunately, this most likely would work as poorly with the TI-85 as the real Silverlink works with the TI-85, due to the aforementioned lack of proper silent linking. Smile

Edit: Lionel has corrected me on that. TI-Connect and the Silverlink do not work with the TI-82 and TI-85. TILP and the Silverlink do work with the TI-82 and TI-85.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours