I started learning C about a month ago and I've found it to be a really fun and rewarding language to learn. In an attempt to consolidate my skills, I decided I would play with my Arduino which was gathering a considerable amount of dust. This is what I built:

It is a simulation of a six sided die. I call it Ardu-Die. At the moment, the circuit exists on my breadboard, but I am exploring the possibility of soldering it onto some perfboard and writing the code onto a smaller chip with fewer outputs (namely the ATTiny 84).

The code and schematics are available on my BitBucket.
Looks good and has revived my aspirations to learn C via the Arduino platform.
Is it a true implementation of C or C+ or C++ on the Arduino; I can't recall ?
Anyways thanks for this post.
The Arduino IDE basically pastes your code into a C++ template and compiles the whole lot with G++. You can write actual C and ignore the Arduino libraries, at which point you're better off not using the Arduino IDE.
ti83head wrote:
Looks good and has revived my aspirations to learn C via the Arduino platform.

Awesome! Have a go, it's great fun. Smile

Tari wrote:
The Arduino IDE basically pastes your code into a C++ template and compiles the whole lot with G++. You can write actual C and ignore the Arduino libraries, at which point you're better off not using the Arduino IDE.

But the syntax is still fairly close to C and all the same concepts apply. I get where you're coming from, though. What sort of advantages does AVR-C give you over Arduino C?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours