Ah, that's what I was going for.
Here's another:

Code:
:Repeat C=45 or ((C=21 or C=105) and B=1)

Can be

Code:
:Repeat C=45 or ((C=21 or C=105)B=1
I haven't heard anything from JFrisby concerning the improvements. Frisby, if you are reading this, then register so you can provide feedback. Idea I just got an idea. I remember Birdman asking for a situation where Lbls/Gotos were replaced by loops and other control structures. Well, here is your example. The original code has all the Lbls/Gotos, and I completely eliminated those Lbls/Gotos in my code. Those were too many gotos that the original code had. I did quite a bit of work trying to untangle the code, but I think it was worth it. I created something great. Thanks for all the suggestions, as I am not only improving a program, but learning how the basic structure of Battleship should be.
something1990 wrote:
I haven't heard anything from JFrisby concerning the improvements. Frisby, if you are reading this, then register so you can provide feedback. Idea I just got an idea. I remember Birdman asking for a situation where Lbls/Gotos were replaced by loops and other control structures. Well, here is your example. The original code has all the Lbls/Gotos, and I completely eliminated those Lbls/Gotos in my code. Those were too many gotos that the original code had. I did quite a bit of work trying to untangle the code, but I think it was worth it. I created something great. Thanks for all the suggestions, as I am not only improving a program, but learning how the basic structure of Battleship should be.

of course your wont be able to release it without permission from him Sad

and the world will never know what happened.
elfprince13 wrote:
of course your wont be able to release it without permission from him Sad

and the world will never know what happened.

Sure you can. I'm pretty sure JDodge was never released with a liscence agreement, and assuming you list it as a rewrite of the original JDodge, you can upload it just fine.

And, since its really your code now, you could even release it as your own game and say to hell with jdodge
Well it wouldn't feel right taking his idea just for nothing. It is Frisby's idea, and even though i almost completely changed it, the most important part, the game engine, is still very similiar to the original. I'll get his permission first before releasing. Frisby, register and provide feedback!
I doubt Frisby would post on here, due to all the ridicule that has went on here against him. You will have to email him or post on his forum...
I've been banned from his forums. so email will havve to do. I'll be right back.
something1990 wrote:
Well it wouldn't feel right taking his idea just for nothing. It is Frisby's idea, and even though I almost completely changed it, the most important part, the game engine, is still very similiar to the original. I'll get his permission first before releasing. Frisby, register and provide feedback!

so release it as "Remake of JDodge19" or something like that, and link to the original and give him credit

then you aren't stealing his idea
Perhaps Josh took our cue... Evil or Very Mad
Nice job, perhaps this will convince him to improve some of his other stuff. Smile
If it does have that effect, then I will have achieved my goal.
KermMartian wrote:
Nice job, perhaps this will convince him to improve some of his other stuff. Smile

Heh, that'll be the day.
Kuro wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Heh, that'll be the day.
Unfortunately you're right. Sad
Sadly so.
Just wondering, but does the "19" mean that this program has so far gone through eighteen different iterations already?
Actually, I think he's made 19 different variations on the same lame program. Very Happy
I sent him an email and we've had an exchange. He said he likes my variation, the first good one and so it should be JDodge 1, but said he didn't like the start menu. Instead, he provided a good graphical menu that is actually good. No labels and a good design. Unfortunately, he might not know how to incorporate it into the rest of his program and so completely eliminate labels, else he would have done it already. Frisby register for the forums and provide your feedback already! Also I guess this would be legal because we are making fun of his lame programs, not him, or did that rule get repealed? I improve his program and he doesn't even make an announcement of it on his forums. The nerve of the guy.
It's ok to mention that they're lame, but you can't say "ZOMG WHAT AN *** HE *** SUCKS BAH LET'S BAN HIM LOL" without some kind of supporting evidence.
Frisby, register already and give your two cents! If he doesn't say anything about this program on these forums, then I will change certain things around and release it as my own program.
something1990 wrote:
Frisby, register already and give your two cents! If he doesn't say anything about this program on these forums, then I will change certain things around and release it as my own program.

did you ask him to register in your correspondence?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours