Yes I asked him, although he did express understandable concern that this wouldn't be the most welcoming environment for him. I tried to reassure him that it wouldn't be as severe as it once would have been, but I haven't heard from him recently.
something1990 wrote:
Yes I asked him, although he did express understandable concern that this wouldn't be the most welcoming environment for him.

Personally I don't blame him. Evil or Very Mad
Kuro wrote:
something1990 wrote:
Yes I asked him, although he did express understandable concern that this wouldn't be the most welcoming environment for him.

Personally I don't blame him. Evil or Very Mad

Are you kidding? I think he'd love the SNOTY thread Laughing
Good point! Maybe I should email Sweet Awesome, Sean Charbonneau, and Valentin Unger as well! I'm sure they'd love it! Laughing
*Awsome Wink Yeah, they could be -f-l-a-m-e- -f-o-d-d-e-r- -f-o-r- -j-p-e-z- -a-n-d- -K-l-l-r-n-o-h-j- valuable members of the community!
You know what? Frisby hasn't sent me any new emails about his program, and he hasn't registered so he can give his input, so I have finally decided to release this as my own program. I will modify it and release it as Dodgem Ti 3. Everyone here was right, I did modify it to the point that only a little bt of the original code remains, and if Frisby doesn't care enough to register, then it is my own program.

EDIT: Laughing I'm sorry but I couldn't resist. I went to Frisby's forums to see if he posted any news about my flavor of JDodge19, but of course he didn't. He could post that custom menu crap that we talked about in our emails, but he couldn't even tell them what I did. Anyway, I did find something really funny. Here is a quote of the part of the post I found most hilarious:
Luigi034 on Frisby's Forums in For Everyone Else in Good Times in topic Changes will be happening very soon wrote:
Wow. Not changing flood control settings initally? I've just witnessed Josh Frisby's first mistake ever...
(I couldn't post a link because I had to access the site through a proxy server for obvious reasons) Laughing Laughing Laughing The people on his site really are kept out of the loop. If only they knew.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I never knew how amusing noobs could be.
How did you access the proxy server? I'm still trying to get to his forums.
I googled it. I'll provide some links:

Proxy Lord

Used to work but down for maintanance at the time this was posted.

Provides Links to a few proxy sites.

I got an update from Frisby. He's been busy with school and everything, which is why he took so long in answering. He said that he wants to take a crack at modifying the original code himself, so I suppose that would make this code mine by default...
Another stroke of genius from Firsby Laughing Laughing Laughing
That link doesn't work. No topic there.
Are you banned from his forums? That might be the problem.
I see the topic. The middle X doesn't even fit in the box. Sad
If Frisy could figure it out, then Sean must have made a horrible AI algorithm. Then again, it is tic tac toe. If you remember, Sean Charboneau (if that's how you spell his last name) was also on SNOTY.
he aint that stupid, just n00bly......to an extreme point of ridiculous ness.
What was it that he learned at school? Was it 2X = X^2? He also says stuff like, "My hair is happier than yours."

Mad Mad Mad
Josh Frisby in an email wrote:
I'm not so sure, if that would be entirely a good idea either. It would either come across to them as though you were just trying to help, or as though you wanted to take credit for the idea of my game. I don't want to make Cemetech look bad either. I could just put it in the list of downloads on the website so that it wouldn't go unnoticed, yet it wouldn't generate so much attention as to cause unwanted situations or events to arise on either side. But, I can't think of anything better of those two choices either. And then again, the code would probably only go noticed by about five people or so on my site. That's about how many actually program on there, besides, Radical Pi, you and elfprince. About 75% of my members only come to my site because they want to talk about everyday life, as seen in the "For Everyone Else" boards. Give me your feedback before anything is decided so as to help make it better for everyone. Thank you for your time.

Mad Mad Mad
something1990 wrote:
Excuse the double post. I felt my previous one was too long. Frisby remade his JDODGE19 into JDODGE20 . It might just be his first program that isn't all that n00bish. The code isn't too bad and the gameplay has been improved significantly. However, he did fail to improve his save feature and add mirage compatibility. Besides that, I think it is an overall improvement that could earn him some respect. What do you all think?

(I still can't believe it took him 20 tries to get this far...)

Let's try and cut him some slack. I think we can all agree it is a significant improvement.
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php?xpi=70b0ca072d9706488536e22980b6cb23
JDodge wrote:

Code:
:A+1(K=105)→A
:A+1(K=92)→A
:A+1(K=93)→A
:A+1(K=94)→A
:A+1(K=15)→A
lol, so many ways this could have been improved. I like how he feels the need to multiply the condition by 1 before he adds it. Laughing It also looks like he's never header of the "or" function. Laughing
Chipmaster wrote:
JDodge wrote:

Code:
:A+1(K=105)→A
:A+1(K=92)→A
:A+1(K=93)→A
:A+1(K=94)→A
:A+1(K=15)→A
lol, so many ways this could have been improved. I like how he feels the need to multiply the condition by 1 before he adds it. Laughing It also looks like he's never header of the "or" function. Laughing

or lisys Very Happy

Code:

A+max(K={92,93,94,15
something1990 wrote:
Mad Mad Mad
Josh Frisby in an email wrote:
I'm not so sure, if that would be entirely a good idea either. It would either come across to them as though you were just trying to help, or as though you wanted to take credit for the idea of my game. I don't want to make Cemetech look bad either. I could just put it in the list of downloads on the website so that it wouldn't go unnoticed, yet it wouldn't generate so much attention as to cause unwanted situations or events to arise on either side. But, I can't think of anything better of those two choices either. And then again, the code would probably only go noticed by about five people or so on my site. That's about how many actually program on there, besides, Radical Pi, you and elfprince. About 75% of my members only come to my site because they want to talk about everyday life, as seen in the "For Everyone Else" boards. Give me your feedback before anything is decided so as to help make it better for everyone. Thank you for your time.

Mad Mad Mad

I'm assuming that is in reference to you releasing it under your own name? In that case, I say do it anyway. Its now become your code - the idea isn't the important part. Just say that you borrowed idea's heavily from JDodge, and its all fine

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours