Are you the kid in the gray shirt or the one in the blue plaid?
KermMartian wrote:

gray shirt
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

gray shirt
Friended. And I think I've got the [box][dot][cross] issue under control in SC2.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

gray shirt
Friended. And I think I've got the [box][dot][cross] issue under control in SC2.

awesome.
All set, now I'm gonna post up the news. Smile
I never heard of Facebook, so its like myspace? Linky?
http://www.facebook.com
It's more exclusive and secure, and requires a school email to register.
Oh really? So does my school administrators have to send an email to get a user on it? Looks like I am not gettings a Facebook.
No no, if you have an email account from your school (you@yourschool.edu or whatever), you can register for it.
great, my school won't do it then. All of our school comps are XP Pros, except the MCP/MCSE ones (dual boot into 2k) and the macs. Our school has wifi that any student can access with their own laptop, and they sometimes block things on it. Cemetech is blocked as Sharewares/downloads
WTF? Are they actually saying that there's something wrong with shareware???
well, once you login Novell, you have admin powers on the computers (why, I do not know), and you are not supposed to install programs on them. Fine, I can understand that on the school comps, but then allow me on it when on the public wifi
?? So then don't allow admin privs! My high school had Novell, and it denied running of unapproved .exes. Bah.
my school is full of idiots though. they must have a reason for allowing all people to be admins on the comps. some of the heads of technology are MCSE's. If they do not know how to create a limited acount (sorry for about what I am about to say), they need to be shot
Must be. Oh well, what can you do. So what was this about? (checks) We're still ontopic. What other school comp lameness have people found?
also the fact that you can check workstation only, and then login in to the comp, and they won't know who did what on the comps
KermMartian wrote:
Must be. Oh well, what can you do. So what was this about? (checks) We're still ontopic. What other school comp lameness have people found?
You're not going to believe this but it is sadly true.

When I went to the elementary school in town (1,2,3,4,....5 years ago) we were using very old PowerMac's. You know, the ones were the cpu is part of the monitor. Hehe, I think they only had like 16 colors or something like that.

Then a couple of years after I left they upgraded to Imacs. In junior high we had around 10 computers in a computer lab. They were all old PC's running windows 95 on them.

When I started highschool, the junior high went under construction and got brand new computers as a result. And guess what the junior high did with the old computers Rolling Eyes They donated them to the highschool. So my highschool library has about 20 computers in it that have been donated from the towns that make up the highschool (my highschool is made up of 3 towns) because they were going to throw them out when their elementary schools upgraded. They are all relics from the mid 90's and run windows 95. And what really makes me mad is the art/graphical design class has their own set of sweet, brandnew computers, while everyone else gets stuck with the crap that no one else wanted. Mad
Wow, that really sucks bro. Sad What kind of specs are we talking about?
Wow! our school has 2 computer labs (one with win2k P3 machines, one with XP P4 machines) with about 35 computers in each. The engineering drawing room has their own set of winXP P4's (about 20). The library also has about 30 P4 winXP machines. To top it off, there are also 5 "mobile labs" each filled with 35 Intel Centrino laptops (the entire school is wireless) - this is for a high school with ~800 kids

Unfortunately, I don't have anything lame to tell. The network is relatively secure, limited users, must login, and relatively open blocking (really only game sites are blocked, but so are facebook and myspace due to the recent online 'bullyings' that happened on those site)
KermMartian wrote:
Wow, that really sucks bro. Sad What kind of specs are we talking about?
I don't exactly remember, but I can tell you exactly how bad it is tomorrow. Let's just say that it has a hard time running the TankWars game I'm making in vb which runs too fast on my home computer.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours