Thanks for clearing that up.
KermMartian wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't talking about CPU speed, I was just saying that everyone plays at their comp's max speed. The only affect of your or others' connection speeds is the frequency wit hwhich their positions are updated.

Yup. So if there are 5 people on high speed, and one person on dial-up, to the 5 people w/ high speed it will just seem like the dial-uper is stupidly slow (eg, takes a half second longer to see/shoot at enemies). The dial-up'er, however, has lag in both directions (meaning he sees people a fourth second late, and his response is a fourth second late in getting to the server) - it is even possible for the dial-up'er to shoot at someone, but in reality have died before he even shot - which gets frustrating Wink

Do remember we are talking 50-100ms latency for high speed, and ~250-300ms for dial-up. The actual AMOUNT of data flowing is relatively low (even on high speed you are prolly only receiving at about 3-5k/sec, and sending at maybe 1k/sec or so)
Let's set a date for a game and put it on the calendar.
Let's play a multiplayer game sometime soon. Scorch3d is so awesome! I love the Strangelove. Absolute destruction.
WARNING! WARNING! DOUBLE POST! WARNING! WARNING! Laughing

Scorch3d is pretty sweet - just get skype and meet up with us on it sometime
yeah it is, btw, over 24 hours between posts, he is fine
rivereye wrote:
yeah it is, btw, over 24 hours between posts, he is fine

yeah - well, it wasn't showing the date for me, and i thought the post was still new, so i thought it was still within 12 hours or so....
I was just saying, to let you know not to be hard.
rivereye wrote:
I was just saying, to let you know not to be hard.

i wasn't being hard, didn't you notice the "Laughing"? see, that means i was JOKING Razz
Man, you flame on n00bs every once in a while and people automatically start to assume stuff. What has this world come to? Laughing Skype looks cool. As soon as I get headphones and a mic I'll download Skype.
even if you bon't have them, you can still sit there and use the text chat with us
Yeah, Skype allows text chat. Kllrnohj: what about Just Joking ?
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, Skype allows text chat. Kllrnohj: what about Just Joking ?

too big and therefore breaks the text lines Wink
Cool I'll download Skype then.
Word. I'm emerging it on my gentoo box atm.
We should play a game soon. I just finished playing multiplayer Scorch3d Online Multiplayer and it was awesome! Let's agree on a time soon.
You got it. I plan to make Cemetech0 have a permanent server.
Until that happens, if you're going to play multiplayer, I'll be on as Thor. My avatar will also be the same as it is here.
Alrighty, you got it. When Cemetech is up, the pwd is usually Texas. We often play with maxed-out money; it's more fun that way. Smile
Good. It's better to keep a password because I just came from a very unpleasant experience with the "rest of them." We disagreed over a stupid "AI First" rule. I think that rule is just stupid. If there's someone next to me I will shoot to kill. I won't aim at a bot that is so far away I have to fire several test shots to find out how to get it. They also have this stupid truce thing. What do these people play multiplayer for anyway? If I wanted AI first, I'll play single player.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours