That should be ok. We should start topics on the calendar to schedule tourneys.
Have you guys tried Pocket Tanks. Its awesome. Not 3D or anything but still addicting.
What version are you guys running? It might be the version. Until I can get it to run without crashing, can you set aside days for Scorch 2000 as well as Scorc3d?
Set everything to the lowest quality (or off for optional effects) and try again. If it still crashes, update your video card drivers (go to S3's website)
I updated my video card's driver and set everything to lowest quality and the game finally works. I must say it is INCREDIBLE! The selection of weapons is fantastic and the sheer destruction you can rain down on your opponents is phenomenal! However, I think updating the video card driver has made everything tiny. Confused How can I make it so that everything is normal sized again? Normal sized with the icons being more than a few centimeters large, and the apparent font being bigger than 12? I know it might seem like a dumb question, but this hasn't happened to me before. Sad
something1990 wrote:
I updated my video card's driver and set everything to lowest quality and the game finally works. I must say it is INCREDIBLE! The selection of weapons is fantastic and the sheer destruction you can rain down on your opponents is phenomenal! However, I think updating the video card driver has made everything tiny. Confused How can I make it so that everything is normal sized again? Normal sized with the icons being more than a few centimeters large, and the apparent font being bigger than 12? I know it might seem like a dumb question, but this hasn't happened to me before. Sad

change your desktop resolution (control panel->display->settings) lowering the resolution makes stuff bigger Smile
something1990 wrote:

adjust your video settings, as in 1024*768 vs 800*600.
Yes! It's back to normal. Thank you very much for all the help Kllrnohj.
So are we going to have a tourney at 5pm EST today?? Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
So are we going to have a tourney at 5pm EST today?? Very Happy

thats 4 cst, right? I might be able to, but i eat at 5cst....
I have class at 5cst/6est, so that's fine.
heh, srry, i can't make it. I'm going to the movies ~4CST/5EST
I might be available at 5 EST. I have dialup though, so I might slow your game down. We'll see what happens.
something1990 wrote:
I might be available at 5 EST. I have dialup though, so I might slow your game down. We'll see what happens.

nah, if you are lagging you are the only one that will lag - none of us will. It is soley your problem having dial-up Smile
Well if I lag (and I probably will), I would take longer in finishing my turns, so I would slow your game down by taking longer to finish my turns.
actaually, everyone attacks at once the way we usually do it
something1990 wrote:
Well if I lag (and I probably will), I would take longer in finishing my turns, so I would slow your game down by taking longer to finish my turns.

only YOU are affected by lag. Let me say this again, only YOU are affected by lag. To the rest of us (if this were real-time like an FPS) it would just like you had stupidly-slow reflexes
Depending on the networking routines. If the programmer made each player wait for a packet from every other player on some clock tick, you would slow us down. Any intelligent network routines just let players play to their own comp's speed, updating you when you send new location packets.
KermMartian wrote:
Depending on the networking routines. If the programmer made each player wait for a packet from every other player on some clock tick, you would slow us down. Any intelligent network routines just let players play to their own comp's speed, updating you when you send new location packets.

CPU speed has no affect on lag. It is purely internet connection. It is impossible for a game to wait on packets, as that is much too slow and the graphics wouldn't be able to keep up. Instead, it processes packets as they come, which is the only viable solution that has any chance of working - even for turn based games.

So let me say this again. The dial-up user is the ONLY ONE affected by his/her crappy internet connection
Sorry, I wasn't talking about CPU speed, I was just saying that everyone plays at their comp's max speed. The only affect of your or others' connection speeds is the frequency wit hwhich their positions are updated.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours