I have this issue with my TI 85. I have been using the (old) menu command (that goes on the bottom of the screen) in one of my programs. Anyways, every time I try to run the program, it loads for a really long time, then says Error 11 Argument, and it adds a quotation mark at the end of the menu( command. It did not do this on an example program that I coded to figure out was wrong, or on previous programs on my calculator. Any suggestions as to what I could do? (I was considering just coding my own menu command, because I really hate the format for this one, and definitely prefer the version on the TI 84 Plus C Silver Edition)
Sounds like you're missing a quotation mark somewhere in the Menu( command.

On the TI-85 and TI-86, the syntax is like this:

Code:
:Menu(int position, str title, label destination, int position2, str title2, label destination2, ...)

position can be a value between 1 and 5, title is a string with a maximum width of about 5 characters, and the destination must be the name of a :Label.
Yeah I was missing a quotation mark for my second position thank you for pointing that out.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours