now if only one could reproduce Ctrl+Alt+Del with a program like that. Maybe have it do Ctrl+Shift+Esc to get the Taskmanager to pop up randomly
You could just call it, its in the windows/system32/task manager(what ever its called).exe
Laughing That's pretty funny. Can you make it open windows to random locations? Idea
You could probably find all kinds of differant programs you could use in system32 folder. Personaly I look in there all the time, there are tons of mediocre prgms there(including a font character editor Smile ) There are soem good prgms, you should look in there and pick some random ones to open elf. Laughing
but it can do Ctrl-Alt-Del since the Robot class in java.awt actually sticks stuff into the native system queue, not into the java event queue.

Ctrl-Shift-Esc would probably work better though.

the problem with launching native apps though isnt the code wont on other systems. with Ctrl-Alt-Del it will compile on other systems, it just ont hurt anything.
Ctrl+alt+del is a hardware interupt that can not be emulated be ANY software
rivereye wrote:
Ctrl+alt+del is a hardware interupt that can not be emulated be ANY software

I think Im misunderstanding something...the Robot class actually generates the hardware events....
ok, try it out, but that is what it does (do a remote desktop or VNC and hit ctrl+alt+del on the client, you will get your comps response to the key sequence)
rivereye wrote:
ok, try it out, but that is what it does (do a remote desktop or VNC and hit ctrl+alt+del on the client, you will get your comps response to the key sequence)

okay.

EDIT:

CTRL-SHIFT-ESC worked

CTRL-ALT-DELETE didnt.

Ctrl-shift-esc is more suited to this anyway Very Happy
Whoa, I never knew CLT+SHIFT+ESC worked...interesting. Cool
Ctrl-shift-esc = shift-[windows]
jpez wrote:
Whoa, I never knew CLT+SHIFT+ESC worked...interesting. Cool

me either until he mentioned it.
Shock Wow, it does! I didn't even try it before; I assumed you had some kind of keymap set up to map ctrl-shift-esc to ctrl-alt-del. This is good to know.....
KermMartian wrote:
Shock Wow, it does! I didn't even try it before; I assumed you had some kind of keymap set up to map ctrl-shift-esc to ctrl-alt-del. This is good to know.....

does it work on older versions of windows?
Dunno, I only tried it on XP Tablet.
I tried XP Pro...
XP Pro + a few extra .exes = XP Tablet
I know this will work on 2000 and up. It came from my MCSE book, also, right click a blank area of the taskbar, you can get to taskmanager that way also.
rivereye wrote:
also, right click a blank area of the taskbar, you can get to taskmanager that way also.
I knew about that one. That's the only way to get there (that I know of) when you're using vnc (or an equivalent). Wink
like I said, ctrl+shift+esc will do in a remote session

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours