Goal: A complete set of files which you can build in order to obtain a complete OS ROM, with proper labels and equates, so modifications are easy.

I'm basing it on OS 2.41, primarily because of BrandonW's extensive work on a disassembly of that particular version. Without that, this would be much harder.

The code is made to be compilable with Brass, benryyves' assembler. This means it can be compiled with any x86 OS that supports mono, and if you can get the DCS SDK you should be all set.

The easiest mods that would have a directly beneficial effect would be optimizations to bcalls. This would directly increase the performance of the system as a whole.

Progress:

Code:
Page | Status
00   | Succesful Build
01   | Pending
02   | Pending
03   | Pending
04   | Pending
05   | Pending
06   | Pending
07   | Pending
08-6e| Empty
6f   | Pending
70-73| Empty
74   | Pending
75   | Pending
76   | Pending
77   | Pending
78   | Pending
79   | Pending
7a   | Pending
7b   | Pending
7c   | Pending
7d   | Pending
7e   | Empty
7f   | Pending
Um, no offense, but doesn't something like this go against all the licensing and such for the TI-OS? Also kind of goes against the rules, or am I missing something?
I haven't distributed any ROMs, and the releases will be patched against the 2.41 ROM. Thus, it breaks no copyright infringement laws or Cemetech rules. It's not warez since you need to get the ROM yourself, and you're effectively just getting my changes with the releases.
willrandship wrote:
I haven't distributed any ROMs, and the releases will be patched against the 2.41 ROM. Thus, it breaks no copyright infringement laws or Cemetech rules. It's not a since you need to get the ROM yourself, and you're effectively just getting my changes with the releases.

Wrong.
I strongly recommend that you either not continue on this project, or if you do, you keep it under your hat and don't publicize it much or at all. As we discussed on IRC after you started this topic, the copyright system heavily favors the rights of content creators, and derivative works (which is what you're proposing) are shaky indeed. Plus, I'm sure someone clever like yourself can come up with a legal way to let people know what's broken about the OS and what bytes to patch on-calculator to fix the problems. Smile