Ok to start the name is a little misleading. Its a python script that uses wabbit's com object library to interface with wabbit and compile the program then export it out of wabbit. Still fast and effective though.

Right now its just a simple POC python script but in the end it will have a command line invocation and a GUI with everything you need on it. Its pretty simple only requirement is that you have a new beta of wabbit emu installed and you have used wabbit emu before (it grabs your ROM path from the registry).

Honestly I do not know who would need/use this BUT its pretty nice and works fast and it honestly was a good way to test out the com object library for wabbit while we attempt to get it past alpha into a almost beta state!

other things it will support are different axe versions and projects with multiple source files I just have not coded those in yet.

So thoughts anyone have any actual use for this project?
Ok so no release yet BUT it does work for no_shell programs with no axioms or anything its really bare bones atm BUT it does work I'm able to compile runners super small flappy bird game with a single command line call

Code:
test.py -s TNYBRDSC.8xp -o TINYBIRD

More work needs doing I need a detokenizer and some other stuff to get it to work the way I want it to but hey it's a start
This is really neat. Why do you need a detokenizer?
So I can get the compiled programs name from the source file so I can export it from wabbit. And because the output filename won't always be the on calc name.
You shouldn't need a detokenizer for that, I wouldn't think. It's Axe code has a standard header, right? So just seek to that point and read out the next however many bytes. Calc names can't have weirdo tokens in them, so you shouldn't need anything--except something to handle theta.
merthsoft wrote:
You shouldn't need a detokenizer for that, I wouldn't think. It's Axe code has a standard header, right? So just seek to that point and read out the next however many bytes. Calc names can't have weirdo tokens in them, so you shouldn't need anything--except something to handle theta.

Ended up doing this. Once I have a ReadMe made up I will be able to make a tentative alpha release Very Happy
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98196116/PythonAxeCompiler.zip

That's the alpha give it a whirl Very Happy
I'm afraid I'm exactly the wrong person to test this, as I use neither Axe nor WabbitEmu, but I did want to acknowledge the fact that you released an alpha version. I'm suitably impressed that you taught yourself some basic Python to make this happen and that you learned to take advantage of Wabbit's COM bindings. Keep up the good work!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours