My new project is a hexadecimal spite drawer/interpreter. It can give you hexadecimal data for a sprite you choose- when you do, each pixel is enlarged to 9 sq. pixels- and you can input a hex code and see what it looks like. It also displays random sprites as well as their hex codes. Another option is to edit sprites- when you do this, there are two options: input a hex code and then edit it, or use a sprite drawn to the top-left corner of the graph screen before the program was run. If I get this done, I'm thinking of making it work for 16x16 sprites- as of now, it only handles 8x8 sprites.
Questions, Comments, Concerns, Ideas?
Nice idea
didn´t make ti-freak somethink like it?
but you can insert somethink like paint with lines etc.
but nice idea
should it be written in TI-basic; AXE or asm ?
Which calc???
gaventemples31415 wrote:
Questions, Comments, Concerns, Ideas?

I'll cheat a tiny bit and offer you a way to grab a specific list of bits based on the hex numeral found in Str1:

Code:
expr("{"+sub("0,0,0,0,1,0,0,1,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,0,0,0",2inString("0124936DA5B7FEC8",Str1)-1,7

Feel free to trade out Str1 for an inner sub() command that extracts the nth digit from a larger string.
alex99:
Thank you.
Yes, he did, but they were different programs.
Is that a suggestion?
Thank you again.
TI-BASIC.
83-84

Weregoose:
So, I'm assuming this is for a single numeral rather than the entire code? It seems quite... advanced, but I'll try it. If it works properly, the program should be much faster. Thank you.
hmm, I wrote something similar that drew WBMP images from their hexadecimal representation. It's inefficient but provides a method for drawing hex things as pictures. Not sure if it helps, but it can't hurt.
Code:
:sub(Str8,5,length(Str8)-4→Str1
:{0}→L₁
:For(X,1,length(Str1
:inString("0123456789ABCDEF",sub(Str1,X,1))-1→L₁(X
:End
:1→Y
:{0}→L₂
:For(X,1,dim(L₁)-1,2
:16L₁(X)+L₁(X+1→L₂(Y
:Y+1→Y
:"B"→Str2
:For(X,5,dim(L₁
:Str2+sub("0000000100100011010001010110011110001001101010111100110111101111",4L₁(X)+1,4→Str2
:sub(Str2,2,length(Str2)-1→Str2
:L₂(1→A
:L₂(2→B
:FnOff
:PlotsOff
:AxesOff
:ClrDraw
:For(Q,1,B)
:For(P,1,A)
:If "1"=sub(Str2,8(Q-1)iPart(1+A/8)+P,1
:Pxl-On(Q-1,P-1

(from http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=215577#215577 )

It can handle an image of any size (up to 255 on either side, or screen size), as far as I have tested. I need to do more rigorous testing of this code though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours