lol, foxtrot did a bid thing about that...

If user == bill_gates and pass == applesux
ld win_back_door

They had it run for like 2 weeks with similar stuff...
Yeah, I remember that one. You read Foxtrot too?
Man I love Foxtrot. I have 3 of the big anthologies. Smile
HAHAHA!!! YES!!!! I got the error again, and now I have a pic! Razz Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Too bad it doesn't have one of those report the error to Microsoft. Then you could show Microsoft how even Windows recognizes that it sucks Laughing
/me looks at me.
/me looks at Jason
/me laughs at myself for being so nerdy
You know, I just had one of those that did'nt say the Windows Explorer had problems but it blocked Windows Operating System! I logged on and then it said "Windows Operating System has been blocked" or something like that. Its quite odd how Windows can block itself, it would have to go inside out of its self and then inside out of its current state and on and on and on. Let me just make this point: Windows is WIERD, and RETARDED, the only reason I use it cause its the main operating system of literaly the world, and it supports the majority of the programs I use, the ONLY reason. Windows bugs the hell out of itself and me.
swivelgames wrote:
You know, I just had one of those that did'nt say the Windows Explorer had problems but it blocked Windows Operating System! I logged on and then it said "Windows Operating System has been blocked" or something like that. Its quite odd how Windows can block itself, it would have to go inside out of its self and then inside out of its current state and on and on and on. Let me just make this point: Windows is WIERD, and RETARDED, the only reason I use it cause its the main operating system of literaly the world, and it supports the majority of the programs I use, the ONLY reason. Windows bugs the hell out of itself and me.

use WINE.
WINE? The only thing I have heard of about WINE is GIMP-WINE lolz, unless you mean the liquid, in which I enjoy drinking ever now and then Very Happy .
swivelgames wrote:
WINE? The only thing I have heard of about WINE is GIMP-WINE lolz, unless you mean the liquid, in which I enjoy drinking ever now and then Very Happy .

WINE==WINE IS NOT a EMULATOR

it recreates the Windows System API without Windows
I am not quite sure what you mean, do you mean that it runs Windows using some other program? Like basicly it runs windows in safe mode or something?
perhaps this will sate your curiousity. http://www.winehq.com/
swivelgames wrote:
I am not quite sure what you mean, do you mean that it runs Windows using some other program? Like basicly it runs windows in safe mode or something?

Its a linux program to run windows programs
It's not quite an emulator, it's more of a translation layer for Win32 and Win16 progs on*nix.
Yes; they've basically reverse-engineered the windows API and ported it to linux. However, I suggest using Cedega (WineX); it runs A LOT BETTER.
What's the advantage of cedega?
DirectX actually WORKS (well, to an extent...but enough to play Blockland Very Happy)
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Yes; they've basically reverse-engineered the windows API and ported it to linux. However, I suggest using Cedega (WineX); it runs A LOT BETTER.

You DO know that cedega uses wine as its core, right? so wineX will run the exact same as regular ol' free wine assuming there isn't any directX code

Wine + Blockland (in OpenGL mode) pwns cedega + Blockland (in DirectX mode) anyday (namely because all those directx calls get wrapped into opengl calls anyway - why not just take out the step and have blockland provide its own opengl calls? Rolling Eyes )
...or you could just run it under win32 and be done with it... Smile
KermMartian wrote:
...or you could just run it under win32 and be done with it... Smile

yes, just like you could submit your @55-hole to violent rapings at a prison

I, personally, prefer not to Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours