I just got an error on Xp that said, and I quote:

Quote:
For your protection, Microsoft Windows has closed Windows
Laughing That just made my day Smile
ROFL! Everyone in the computer center laughed at that one. I wish you had a pic.
Me too Crying

This might even top my McDonald's pic I took last summer...Laughing
Laughing That's not it, but fairly close...
Hahaha....that's so excellent. Very Happy Why can't they be as good at software as they are humerous?
allynfolksjr wrote:

THATS THE EXACT SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME! haha, well elfprince fixed mine. if you get the theme thing called FlyakiteOSX v3.5 it over writes like most of your system files, that will delete the new virus going around. its the only thing so far. Norton cant even detect this new virus yet. Get flyakiteOSX and hurry before it kills the rest of your compy.
Who changed the name of this topic?
That would be me. I change topic titles to be more descriptive.
i liked the time Windows firewall (i had forgotten to re-disable it after a reformat) blocked my modded Explorer.exe file...
Laughing Excellent. At least they're finally making their security software more intelligent. Next thing you know they'll teach it to burn Linux install disks.
well, it'll be like what Yahoo did once Gmail came out... start blocking the word Linux...

(yahoo blocked all Gmail invites... excellent marketing strategy)
Very Happy Do they really? I think that's some kind of antitrust violation...
well, they did... i dunno if they still did

it wasnt really blocked, it was just marked as spam and shuffled into the bulk folder where sane human would ever find it... (and without Gmail's Search...)
check out the microsoft category on http://www.folklore.org
Nifty site. I'm enjoying reading some of the articles, especially the ones about how the modern GUI design evolved.
alex10819 wrote:
well, it'll be like what Yahoo did once Gmail came out... start blocking the word Linux...

(yahoo blocked all Gmail invites... excellent marketing strategy)

Actually, yahoo apologized for that, said it was not intentional, and fixed it so gmail invites went to the inbox instead of the bulk mail folder. (and you have to admin, a gmail invite does read alot like spam)
kllrnohj wrote:
Actually, yahoo apologized for that, said it was not intentional, and fixed it so gmail invites went to the inbox instead of the bulk mail folder. (and you have to admin, a gmail invite does read alot like spam)
That's true. Well, as long as they weren't doing it on purpose.

[edit]: I fixed your quote tag--elf
Have you guys seen the windows source code? Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Have you guys seen the windows source code? Very Happy

have you?? Confused

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours