I have an idea for a website. I call it TVoogle. (pronounced Tee-Voogh-uhl)

If you want to know what episode a line from a TV show is from, it could tell you.

The required field would be "Line", but there would be optional fields "Character who said it" and "TV show".

"I"LL HAVE 75 STRAWS AND 22 KETCHUP PACKETS!!! HAPPY?!?"
- Vorc, The Guild, episode ?????
Also known as putting "" around the line and just googling for it.

But good luck trying to get the scripts to TV shows Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
Also known as putting "" around the line and just googling for it.

Doesn't always work. You don't always get the episode #

Kllrnohj wrote:
But good luck trying to get the scripts to TV shows

I wasn't actually gonna do this, just saying someone should think about it.
I'm not sure what purpose such a search engine would have; if the quote is notable enough to be used out of context of the original programme then you will be able to find it on IMDb easily.
Xeno, you might be interested in a sort of search engine I prototyped a few months ago. It's kinda related...ish Smile It's about TV shows, anyway Razz

If you're watching a TV show after it's been aired, and want to look up anything about it on Wikipedia without risking reading spoilers, you tell the search engine what episode of what show you're up to, and then what you want to read on Wikipedia, and it shows you the last revision of that Wiki page before the next episode aired. Hence, spoiler-free!

It's over here (though it's not pretty or anything): www.ihatespoilers.com

Anyway, the point is, I put this together in one night, just tying together some APIs from a couple of sites (IMDB and Wikipedia). You might be able to do something similar yourself using Google's search API.
magicdanw wrote:
Xeno, you might be interested in a sort of search engine I prototyped a few months ago. It's kinda related...ish Smile It's about TV shows, anyway Razz

If you're watching a TV show after it's been aired, and want to look up anything about it on Wikipedia without risking reading spoilers, you tell the search engine what episode of what show you're up to, and then what you want to read on Wikipedia, and it shows you the last revision of that Wiki page before the next episode aired. Hence, spoiler-free!

It's over here (though it's not pretty or anything): www.ihatespoilers.com

Anyway, the point is, I put this together in one night, just tying together some APIs from a couple of sites (IMDB and Wikipedia). You might be able to do something similar yourself using Google's search API.

nice, magicdanw.
magicdanw wrote:

wow, thats really impressive/handy! Great job magicdanw

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours