I'm using Wabbit Emu (A Ti83+ Emulator for the DS), and the folders are deleted whenever I restart the emulator. Any Ideas?
Well, are you sure it is saving states when you shut it off? Might be running into a problem with wabbit where it is not saving the appvars that DCS creates where it saves the folder names and their sub-folders.
Well, the programs remain, so I can't see a reason to only delete appvars, and not programs, too.
Yes, if the appvars dissappear, then it simply puts everything back in the root folder. Might be something to post on revsoft's forums, see if anyone is having problems with saving appvars.

You might also try this. Start up DCS, make a couple folders, and exit back out of DCS. Then access the memory of wabbitemu, and see if the appvars are there. If they are, then we know they are getting created. Save the state of wabbitemu, and then restart, see if they are still there. If they are not, or they are not created at all, then you might want to ask Jim_e at revsoft about it.
I've never heard of that problem, on- or off-calc, so I can only assume that your emulator is failing in some way. Folders are stored as programs, though, so I can't think why they'd be disappearing if your programs are staying.
It also isn't saving any programs I create on the emulator, only the ones I put on at the beginning, which means all data you create on the emulator is only stored in RAM, not on the flash chip. Big problem, I doubt they'll fix it.
How do you close the emulator? Do you right-click and chose Exit and save state?
...This emulator is on a DS. There is no right click.
yoman82 wrote:
Ohhh, missed the part where you said DS. Perhaps the DS emulator is not yet capable of saving the state?
I know, and that's a rather large bug, no?
yoman82 wrote:

Where can I get it. Wabbit Emu, I mean. Is it a cartradge, a download, what?
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
yoman82 wrote:

Where can I get it. Wabbit Emu, I mean. Is it a cartradge, a download, what?
There's WabbitEmu for PC; I'm not too familiar with it as a DS application, perhaps yoman82 could enlighten us.

Edit: A two-minute Googling reveals this: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=14456&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://www.revsoft.org/news/wabbitds/
I've given up at this point, it's probably not worth fixing individually, I suppose I'll hope for a different folder system in 7.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours