can anyone please help me? i have a T1-84Plus and my RAM was erased. Among the programs/apps i lost was one that looked like this:

LinReg
y=ax+b
a=.2
b=2434
r^2=.99
r=.99

i'm missing the r^2 and the r.......i'm not sure what program i need to download or how to restore these settings.....

PLEASE HELP!!! i'd really appreciate it..........
Go to the catalog (press 2ND and then 0), select "DiagnosticOn," and press ENTER twice so it says "Done" on the screen. After that, the r and r^2 values should be displayed.
hey, thanks for replying to my message...i did as you said but for some reason i'm still missing the r. i do have the r^2. any suggestions?
You should be getting the value of r too. What is the exact command you're entering? If it's something like:

Code:
LinRegTTest L1,L2

you may need to scroll down to view the value of r.

Although I doubt this would affect it...what operating system version do you have? (Press 2ND, then +, then ENTER, and under where it says "TI-84 Plus" there should be a number - 2.41, for example).
i have system version 2.43

i get the r with the linreg command, but not with the quadreg, the cubicreg, etc. only linreg.

i'm obviously pretty new at this, thanks for being patient and helping me.
I don't think it's possible to get the value of r with CubicReg or QuadReg.

Quote:

i'm obviously pretty new at this, thanks for being patient and helping me.

No problem. Smile
alright thanks...i'm just going nuts here with my business calculus class...i'm trying to find the best equations to go along with my lists and i thought i would find the value r....but anyway, thanks a lot Very Happy
i only talk about this once, if you want the r^2 that's probably you want to calculate the measurement errors... don't do it on the calculator use the computer there are a lot of aplications that can do it like Matlab Scilab oracle and others... free or not free... that will save you a lot of work...

But if you like the calculator i can't force you to user the computer so try...

If you want to give a try to Matlab use this small program that i've created to help me in my quantum mechanics class...

Quote:

function y=lg(v,r);%v=x r=y

% funcao que calcula os minimos quadraticos
D=polyfit(v,r,1);

m=D(1);
b=D(2);
N=length(v);
a_new=(N*sum(v*r'))-(sum(v)*sum(r));
b_new=sqrt((N*sum(r.^2))-((sum(r))^2));
c_new=sqrt((N*sum(v.^2))-((sum(v))^2));
r_gauss=a_new/(b_new*c_new);
delta_m=abs(m)*sqrt(((1/(r_gauss^2))-1)/(N-2));
delta_b=delta_m*(sqrt(sum(r_gauss^2)/N));
y=[m delta_m b delta_b r_gauss];
THANKS!! Smile
You could easily write that in TI-BASIC. I'm a bit busy at this very second, but if no one beats me to it, I'll give it a try.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours