Xion is a pretty neat media player.

There's one thing that makes it jump out like no other player.

You can skin it. With a raw .psd.

It reads the layers, and assigns them as such, and even animates transitions between stuff like button states.

You can get it from here.

I've been working on-and-off of an msstyle that resembles a HUD; so naturally, I made a HUD skin for Xion.

It's a WIP, but it has everything basic you need for a media player.
You can get that here.

So that's why this is in graphics. Post all your cool skins for Xion here!
It doesn't look like it has any sort of media library - lame.
Again, my HUD skin is basic. It supports playlists and libraries; try and take a closer look before you degrade something, 'k?
Another way to solve this is not to post something so degrading to my eyes!

Haha, sorry, had to say it. I've never liked that FX Style.

Interesting Media Player. But I'll stick with WinAmp.

Nice find.

----------------
Now playing: Breaking Benjamin - Here We Are
via FoxyTunes
Contrary to the others, I think it actually looks quite decent and matches both your msstyle and Fx skin. Keep up the good work.

Edit: Agreeing with Kllrnohj for a second, I really don't see a media library option. Could you please point it out?
If you right click the player, there is a "Show Library Option" Wink.
I believe when he said it "supports" a library and playlists he ment its an add-on

----------------
Now playing: Breaking Benjamin - Unknown Soldier
via FoxyTunes
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Ah, but we can't really tell from the screenie, hence Kllrnohj's comments. Smile Anyway, yeah, are you going to publish that msstyle when you're done? I'd be interested in testing it out.
Yeah, it does look pretty interesting.
It would be pretty cool if I could get my hands on it and test it out ^^,

----------------
Now playing: Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane
via FoxyTunes
Consider the amount of stuff I have to go through plus the motivation I currently have, it'll take a while for the msstyle.

And again, both are a WIP; it would take about 2-4 minutes to add a library/equalizer/playlist button.
KermMartian wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Ah, but we can't really tell from the screenie, hence Kllrnohj's comments. Smile Anyway, yeah, are you going to publish that msstyle when you're done? I'd be interested in testing it out.

The website also makes no mention of any such feature. In fact, the website just seems to harp on the skinning implementation - lame. Skins don't make the media player Wink (besides, Winamp 5's skins own Xion's face so bad it isn't even funny)

Quote:
It supports playlists and libraries; try and take a closer look before you degrade something, 'k?

I did, 'k? Its not my fault the Xion website sucks balls and completely fails to mention any such feature. Please take a screenshot of this library, I want to see it.
Winamp 5.5 here, its skins are so beautiful, I got one that fits my needs perfectly.
@kllr: :O

@Pseudo: Winamp 5.5 pwns ^^,
I like the new Bento style, thats what I'm using at the moment.

I also have Tiger Brushed. I enjoy Winamp more then any other media player personally.

(ZOMG! An active topic!)

----------------
Now playing: Breaking Benjamin - Here We Are
via FoxyTunes
I might give that a try sometime, but only if it is able to emulate winamp (Pidgin MusicInfo, anyone?).

Personally, the Bento theme for Winamp 5.5 is too much. Given that I want it to just sit in the background and play things when I tell it to (I have all my music on one playlist..), I just use the Modern skin.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours