Got it?
Halo 3
 14%  [ 3 ]
No
 85%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 21

=O

I found these on Digg but that site was down so I did some searching...

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/34748/Crysis-Detail-Levels-Compared

and http://ve3d.ign.com/images/fullsize/17453/PC/Crysis for an all in one shot

DX10 version is incredible, mainly the improved ground (improved bump mapping?)
Daaaaaaaaang... Shock

The DX10 version looks wicked sick, and the DX9 High version is still very good. Some people might get MS Vista just for the advanced DX10 ownage. However, what I find the most surprising is that even the DX9 Low version looks good, and that can't be said for a lot of graphics-intensive games out there. Those German coders in Crytek really did a stupendous job...
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Daaaaaaaaang... Shock

The DX10 version looks wicked sick, and the DX9 High version is still very good. Some people might get MS Vista just for the advanced DX10 ownage. However, what I find the most surprising is that even the DX9 Low version looks good, and that can't be said for a lot of graphics-intensive games out there. Those German coders in Crytek really did a stupendous job...

If you compare low to the one above it, you understand why it is "low"

No shadows, basically the same texture repeated on the ground with no overlays, really short distance for fading (like trees) and no sun, same shade of light in the entire screen basically...

Still amazing though =O

Forgot to mention one thing... Apparently their is an "Extreme" setting, but no current generation hardware can run it at a playable framerate =P
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Daaaaaaaaang... Shock

The low version looks disgusting... have you played a modern PC game? Look at HL2 EP2 - it looks great. How about Unreal Tournament 3 where a midrange 8600GT can play it on high/max @ 1600x1200?

@Harq: I don't think that is bump mapping on very high, but rather parallax mapping - it doesn't need DX10 at all though, and can even be done by the free Irrlicht Engine in DX9 and OpenGL.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Daaaaaaaaang... Shock

The low version looks disgusting... have you played a modern PC game? Look at HL2 EP2 - it looks great. How about Unreal Tournament 3 where a midrange 8600GT can play it on high/max @ 1600x1200?

@Harq: I don't think that is bump mapping on very high, but rather parallax mapping - it doesn't need DX10 at all though, and can even be done by the free Irrlicht Engine in DX9 and OpenGL.

Well, the best graphics card/chipset I have ever had in a Windows computer was an Intel 950 GMA, so you can understand me when I say it looks good. Rolling Eyes The most modern game I could play was C&C3, but even that ran at very low framerates even on the lowest settings possible and crashed during a normal game (I could only play the tutorial Sad ).
They designed low to be played on old hardware, so yeah, it looks bad Very Happy
Harq wrote:
They designed low to be played on old hardware, so yeah, it looks bad Very Happy

As opposed to low being designed to play on what? Rolling Eyes Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours