Quote:
I would say the best idea would to use a silverlink and use a female-female converter to use it.

That won't work because Tari's trying to use his calc as a usb host; the silverlink is merely a usb device; a means to connect a calc to a comp or another host; it cannot be a host itself. Please read all previous posts before you make a post Smile

http://cemetech.net/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=43920
http://cemetech.net/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=43921
Ah, but the host is only for MINI Usb. The pin 4(I think) is connected when in host mode and not connected when in client. The Standard USB cables don't have any of this.
Wrong; you're thinking of a straight cable connection from an 84+SE to a comp; Tari is suggesting having the calc be like the comp; illustration:

Tari was suggesting using one of those ports in a calc (not the firewire one).
I was thinking that he was talking about using a SilverLink.

edit:It would also have to be powered by the USB side.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Or you could use a silverlink Razz

The Tari wrote:
I have a silverlink, and that's not the point. The point is being able to use all those cool USB peripherals

No; the silverlink idea had been thrown out a few posts ago because that was not Tari's intent.
Oh. I was thinking that if you could use the silverlink, you COULD use all of those "cool USB peripherals."
edit:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

What's this from?
Quote:
Oh. I was thinking that if you could use the silverlink, you COULD use all of those "cool USB peripherals."

I doesn't quite work that way Smile

That picture above was from a quick google image search.
If you managed to decode the SilverLink protocol(I think I spelled that right) then you could control the USB lines and do whatever you wanted to any USB device. Sure, USB8x wouldn't work, but someone could port everything(Dan Englander probabally would be intrested) to the SilverLink drivers.
Rolling Eyes Read this and this. It seems you need some refreshing with the USB protocol Wink
I never really knew them.
netham45 wrote:
I never really knew them.

Then I'd suggest you either A) learn them or B) stop attempting to make suggestions on how to best implement it Wink (especially after the idea you are pushing was shot down like 3 times)
Yup, just to beat a dead horse, it's basically not possible with the current method. Razz
*bump*
Remember this? Well, I'm finally getting around to finishing it, and it should be done sometime this evening. Depends on when I want to get out the soldering iron. Or maybe I'll just hot glue it.
I'm done, but where are those drivers, Kerm? Source is appreciated, too.
The Tari wrote:
I'm done, but where are those drivers, Kerm? Source is appreciated, too.

http://benryves.com/bin/emerson/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours