Yesterday, I was poking around on the Internet and discovered that Audacity can be scripted using a language called Nyquist, which is a LISP variant. Since trying it out, I've made a few useful plug-ins for Audacity. Just download this zip file and extract it to your plug-ins folder in Audacity. Included is a plug-in to generate a variety of scales, a chromatic tones plug-in, a random-notes generator, and a chord generator. Have fun! Smile

P.S. For those of you who don't know LISP, take a look at the .ny files to get a feel for how it works. I found writing these to be a good refresher; the last time I programmed anything in LISP was perhaps 2 years ago.
Very Happy

dude, you didn't know about Nyquist?
No, I did not. You did?
Ive known about it since October--when I downloaded Audacity
But have you used it?
I futzed with it a bit, but I haven't used Audacity for a while.
Well there you have it. I actually took the time to learn Nyquist and make some useful plug-ins. Very Happy
I've never really gotten into LISP, the syntax didn't appeal to me the first time I saw it. I should really learn it though, as Garry's Mod (for HL2) uses it....
While LISP's syntax is funky, it is a nice change of pace.

Push 4
Push 5
Mult....
That's not LISP. Confused
It's pseudoLISP; I was just showing the general idea of how it works. That could also be expressed by:

4,5,*
You are confusing me. Do you mean
Code:
(* 4 5)
?
KermMartian wrote:

Push 4
Push 5
Mult....

I think you are confusing LISP (which is prefix notation) with RPN notation
Indeed, I think you may be correct Kllrnohj.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Push 4
Push 5
Mult....

I think you are confusing LISP (which is prefix notation) with RPN notation
You're absolutely right. I was thinking of a suffix notation such as RPN.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours