Are you a victim of depression?
Yes
 25%  [ 3 ]
No
 50%  [ 6 ]
I do not know / not diagnosed
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

I am writing this post because I am depressed. Please read...
You know that feeling? That feeling that you do not matter? Even when people you love tell you that you do? That is depression you may not realize it but I am a victim of depression. I try to hide it from you with a "lol" or "XD" but that is just me trying to hide from depression. Some times I cut myself for fun I even do things that will get me killed because I have lost my reasons to care about myself such things are crossing the street illegally like on a red light / walking into oncoming traffic drinking monster (a energy drink that is AMAZING) that will like anyone gives you a heart attack at the age of 17 but not only that but my meds are stimulants just like the drink its self and drinking such a thing will have more of a impact on my health just because I am taking meds for adhd, depression and a sleep medication all of which conflict with each other (well that is not true I believe the monster does not affect my depression meds but the monster does affect my sleep meds and adhd meds. My adhd meds have a depression side effect which in turn affects my depression meds). Where does depression come from? I had wondered that myself but do not actually know, does it come from being bullied for your whole childhood? to the point that no matter who you went to they just did not want to get involved or could not do anything? Does it come from being taken from your family for a couple years? Or how about because your parents split when you at a young age? Or perhaps it comes from having no control in your life? Is it because you can barely remember your childhood? I do not know.so what are the side effects? If you know you have depression than it probably feels like everything is a side effect, but here are some known symptoms of depression
-Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood.
-Loss of interest or pleasure in activities, including sex.
-Restlessness, irritability, or excessive crying.
-Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness, hopelessness, pessimism.
-Sleeping too much or too little, early-morning waking.

If you feel like you have depression and/or fit the side effects please see a doctor AND a therapist please.

I hope you liked my post I thought I would share some information on depression as it has affected my life in so many ways. I know I will always be accepted in this community you guys mean so much to me and sometimes you mean more than my own life to me. right now its hard for me to not cry in the middle of class.

Here are some quotes on depression.
Thank you very much.

"People think depression is sadness, crying or dressing in black. But people are wrong. Depression is the constant feeling of being numb. You wake up in the morning just to go back to bed again"

"sleep is not sleep anymore, it's an escape"

"I draw with silver, and it turns to red... magic!"

"the bravest thing I ever done was continuing to live when I wanted to die"

http://tinyurl.com/y976un7d
http://tinyurl.com/y976un7d
quotes from google image search http://tinyurl.com/depression-image-search
symptoms of depression google search http://tinyurl.com/side-effects-of-depression
I also have anxiety please view this photo as this also describes why I am making this post at http://tinyurl.com/y976un7d
Also please do not message me on sax as I am banned. if you want to talk to me please send me a PM.
and please reply how you feel about depression, what you do about it and how it has affected your life and trust me but you will feel better once you share how you feel as I feel much better now.
thanks for reading and have a GREAT day.
I'm sorry that you felt the need to write this post...
I know what you mean and how you feel, but there are better ways to deal than blood, I promise you that. It might feel good in the moment, but it only adds to the depression later, I know
Pieman7373 wrote:
I'm sorry that you felt the need to write this post...
I know what you mean and how you feel, but there are better ways to deal than blood, I promise you that. It might feel good in the moment, but it only adds to the depression later, I know

Agreed. I was diagnosed with depression a few years ago, and it really sucks.
I want to get this out of the way, there are people out there who will talk to you! Reach out to them and talk about stuff.

Call the Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Text the Crisis Hotline: 741741
Visit Online: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Thank you, Alex
I should have included the help lines in my post. I totally forgot about something so important.

Now I did make this post originally to help me express how I felt about depression but ultimately I wanted to help other people. I did not want others to go through the same things I did and if they are I wanted to know that they are getting help. I do not know what you mean by saying that your sorry that I feel compelled to wright this post I did not feel like I needed to I simply wanted to.. I wanted to help other people fighting this "mood disorder" nobody deserves to and I wanted to make sure that people who I care about (and I care about this forum and everyone on here) to feel safe and secure. I do not resource to cutting myself to draw blood and I strongly discourage it but sometimes depression gets the best of me and I act out without thinking unable to stop myself from cutting or attempts of suicide. It takes some courage to get someone to help you BUT TRUST ME you WILL feel better

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours