KermMartian wrote:
Out of curiosity, what happened with that project you mentioned in your last post? Did you succeed in integrating the Zero and a USB hub inside the keyboard? If not, I'm tempted to ask if you'd be willing to lend your Zero to a fellow hardware hacker for a project. Wink

I surely would, but my preorder has still not arrived yet sadly. I would finish the project as soon as it arrives.
KermMartian wrote:
Out of curiosity, what happened with that project you mentioned in your last post? Did you succeed in integrating the Zero and a USB hub inside the keyboard? If not, I'm tempted to ask if you'd be willing to lend your Zero to a fellow hardware hacker for a project. Wink

Actually yes!
I just finished it a few weeks ago!
(That nearly year-later necrobump.) Very Happy Congratulations! I hope you're planning to share the finished project with us.
KermMartian wrote:
(That nearly year-later necrobump.) Very Happy Congratulations! I hope you're planning to share the finished project with us.

I absolutely am Very Happy

Also, I just restarted the project with a whole bunch of mostly broken (though some are working) TI-84+ calculators:
I like the use of the USB dongles to break out the USB and HDMI ports; that seems quite clean indeed. Is the interior as clean as all that? And I'm glad you have more physical calculators to restart the project.
KermMartian wrote:
I like the use of the USB dongles to break out the USB and HDMI ports; that seems quite clean indeed. Is the interior as clean as all that? And I'm glad you have more physical calculators to restart the project.

Thanks Smile
And actually yes, the interior is rather clean. Though I can't make a photo right now as the case is currently holding together well. I am afraid of breaking the plastic inserts when unscrewing it too often.

I have 8 physical TI-84+ so it should work out well Smile

As the screen, I will be using this one (higher resolution and same size replacement):

There will also be a Teensy 3.2 for the keyboard and power. The CPU will be another Pi Zero.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours