i have this ti 84 ce and before we got math tests my teacher told us to clear mem on calculator.i did that then the whole screen just stayed white for a couple of minuets i decided to press the reset button on the back of the calculator band held it until the calculator turned off then once i turned it on there were colored bars in a static tone that faded until the screen is white. so i cleared the os and installed 5.2 and now the screen is just blinking on and off for like 20 min.
please help Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Have you tried pressing anything on the calculator, like ENTER or ON? Have you tried removing the batteries? Looks like a self-test but I may be wrong.
-Are you using TI Connect CE and not TI Connect?
-Any shells/other OS's previously installed?

EDIT: Try pressing [2nd][DEL] while pressing and then releasing the reset button for 2 seconds. Then install the OS using TI Connect CE.

https://epsstore.ti.com/OA_HTML/csksxvm.jsp?nSetId=135537
Maybe some buttons became sticky and taking you to those views, try pressing all the buttons (maybe when the calculator is off) to see if it helps. Good luck
I had the same problem.

1. Take out the battery and put it back in
2. Hold down del and press the reset button for 2-3 seconds
3. Connect it to ti connect CE
4. It should have a little ! next to the calc name
5. Reinstall the OS
6. It should come to the RAM Cleared screen

Hope this helps Smile
I cleared everything while resetting os
cnt_ply wrote:
I cleared everything while resetting os
For those who don't notice the "Thanks" title on this post in the corner there, I suspect that means this did the trick for cnt_ply, and hopefully it will for you as well, future reader of the topic!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours