I've been noticing that there seems to be some small particles getting trapped between the LCD and front cover on my 84 PCE (and there's also loads of crumbs and small particles of stuff in the bottom part of the panel), so I'm wondering if there's a way to remove the front panel (with maybe a spudger, or something in that realm) without going through the entire calculator (and so that the adhesive stays about 90% strong from original when I put it back on)

Thanks! Smile
o355 wrote:
I've been noticing that there seems to be some small particles getting trapped between the LCD and front cover on my 84 PCE (and there's also loads of crumbs and small particles of stuff in the bottom part of the panel), so I'm wondering if there's a way to remove the front panel (with maybe a spudger, or something in that realm) without going through the entire calculator (and so that the adhesive stays about 90% strong from original when I put it back on)

Thanks! Smile

I don't know if the process would be the same for the CE, but I had the same issue with the CSE so I opened it up and simply lifted the screen off and was able to clean it from the inside, it is not glued or anything, just kept in place by a few screws.
If you want to try this, just be careful when opening up the case because it is clipped all around with little plastic clips that could easily break Smile
Unfortunately, the TI-84 Plus CE mainboard is held into the front half of the case with melted plastic posts rather than screws (see the photos on our TI-84 Plus CE reference page), so it'll be difficult to remove the PCB from the inside and still be able to put the calculator back together.
KermMartian wrote:
Unfortunately, the TI-84 Plus CE mainboard is held into the front half of the case with melted plastic posts rather than screws (see the photos on our TI-84 Plus CE reference page), so it'll be difficult to remove the PCB from the inside and still be able to put the calculator back together.

That sucks Sad. I'll try to vacuum the little crumbs from the bottom part, see what luck I can get.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours