I Know how to get a larger font size for the text but i can't figure out how people use white text. Can anyone explain for me?
1) Are you talking about the monochrome or color calculators?
2) Do you mean white text on a black background on the homescreen? Or perhaps the same thing, on the graphscreen?
3) When you say you figured out a larger font size, are you referring to Text(-1, Y, X, "Text")?
KermMartian wrote:
1) Are you talking about the monochrome or color calculators?
2) Do you mean white text on a black background on the homescreen? Or perhaps the same thing, on the graphscreen?
3) When you say you figured out a larger font size, are you referring to Text(-1, Y, X, "Text")?

1) I am talking about a monochrome calculator
2) I mean on the graphscreen, but the homescreen would be interesting
3) Yes
Also, if it is possible to get white text, can you get it with the larger text on the graphscreen and how do you make the homescreen have a black background?
Assuming your programs use Doors CS (or xLIB), you can use the TextMode command to change the text to inverse (white-on-black) or normal (black on white). This will apply to all homescreen and graphscreen text.
Ok, but where would you find the TextMode Command. I have DoorsCS and xLIB, but don't know how to find textmode.
Did you click on the link provided? It explains the arguments on the page needed to activate it.
I don't understand what it means by text related functions and using why it uses IS, can someone please elaborate?
Maybe I should elaborate, i'm using A ti-84plus and programming in TI-BASIC, because i think that i came across as using Computer BASIC, but i'm not sure.
Stardust49 wrote:
I don't understand what it means by text related functions and using why it uses IS, can someone please elaborate?
Maybe I should elaborate, i'm using A ti-84plus and programming in TI-BASIC, because i think that i came across as using Computer BASIC, but i'm not sure.
What part of the answers that have referred you to thinks like the homescreen, graphscreen, and Doors CS would make you think we're talking about anything other than TI-BASIC on a TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus calculator? I'm not sure why you're confused here about the answers that we gave you. I already said that this affects Text(, Output(, and Disp, which are the "text-related functions". What do you mean that it uses "IS"?
Could you possible that you can give me a simple program that changes the text color and explain it from there, because i'm just not following. I must be stupid or something but can you just break it down piece by piece for me. That would be extremely helpful, thanks.
Stardust49 wrote:
Could you possible that you can give me a simple program that changes the text color and explain it from there, because i'm just not following. [...] That would be extremely helpful, thanks.
Okay, here's a sample program:
Code:
real(13,1)
Disp "HELLO WORLD"
Pause
real(13,0)
1) real(13,1) sets inverse text on. As the TextMode documentation I linked states, "1: Sets text inverse".
2) Disp "HELLO WORLD" displays "HELLO WORLD"
3) Pause pauses.
4) real(13,0) sets inverse text OFF. As the TextMode documentation I linked states, "0: Unsets the text inverse function".
Ok, thank you so much. Now i understand where i went wrong, i was just looking at it in a different way. Thank you, this helps a lot.
Stardust49 wrote:
Ok, thank you so much. Now i understand where i went wrong, i was just looking at it in a different way. Thank you, this helps a lot.
For the sake of being able to explain this stuff more clearly to people in the future, may I ask in what way you were looking at it? What part of the description on the TextMode page was confusing you, if any? If not, what else was confusing you?
The part that confused me was when it showed the arguments, saying real(13,function,[Character]).
I wasn't sure what the function thing was for and what the character part was for.
Also, what is the [Character] for?
Stardust49 wrote:
The part that confused me was when it showed the arguments, saying real(13,function,[Character]).
I wasn't sure what the function thing was for and what the character part was for.
Also, what is the [Character] for?
Did you read the rest of the page? I believe it clearly explains what values you substitute for function, and which function uses the optional Character argument.
Ok, sorry. Maybe i'll just read through the website you linked to me and try to figure it out. thanks for helping and sorry for bugging you so much.
Stardust49 wrote:
Ok, sorry. Maybe i'll just read through the website you linked to me and try to figure it out. thanks for helping and sorry for bugging you so much.
No problem; I'm just glad we managed to clear up the miscommunication in the end. Good luck!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours