comicIDIOT wrote:
I wonder if the Mac version has similar flaws; Will upgrade but backup the old version.
Sounds good. It has a few improvements, like better fire graphics, more textures, and a few new (and somewhat lame) weapons.
New updates: Not sure if it's live on Windows yet, but whose excited for the first change in the log!

Sounds great! We'll have to play soon, although I'm getting sick of accumulating another 100MB+ folder every time a minor-minor version of Hedgewars comes out.
This doesn't seem so minor. In it, is re-written code (hopefully no more odd rope shinanigins, mis-aligned projectiles and other things) and that ability to create maps - from a drawing nonetheless it seems - seems worth an upgrade.

I already have Very Happy
comicIDIOT wrote:
This doesn't seem so minor. In it, is re-written code (hopefully no more odd rope shinanigins, mis-aligned projectiles and other things) and that ability to create maps - from a drawing nonetheless it seems - seems worth an upgrade.

I already have Very Happy
I'm sure it is; by minor-minor I meant 0.9.XX. In the version number A.BB.CCC, A is the major version number, BB is the minor version number, and CCC may be called the compile count, the patch number, the minor-minor number, or other things.
Just update and delete the other installs Very Happy

Haha. Making you're own maps is fun, esp. when you can place your hogs around before the start of a game. Not so much fun if the creator makes it to his advantage... haha.
I'm still using 9.13 lol Razz I'll have to update soon.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Just update and delete the other installs Very Happy

Haha. Making you're own maps is fun, esp. when you can place your hogs around before the start of a game. Not so much fun if the creator makes it to his advantage... haha.
*your. Wink We should get some more games going again soon, Sonlen, tanner, comicIDIOT, Weregoose, Merth, Speler, and myself.
Well, I wasn't able to get a good recording of the epic game we had today amongst myself, Kerm, Qazz, and AHelper, but I do have the demo for anyone who cares to view it in HW or convert it to video and upload it to Youtube! (FYI, the game was >40 minutes long...)

Anyways, the file! http://www.mediafire.com/?272gb967bz2hdud
Wow, thanks for your dedication in recording and posting that. Smile We are indeed back to playing Hedgewars, by the way, at least in part because my desktop is still down and thus UT2004 and (to some extent) Minecraft are an impossibility on my laptop. It's nice playing HW again, though; hope y'all will join us.
Hell I'll join. Just name the time and place.
DShiznit wrote:
Hell I'll join. Just name the time and place.

The time is whenever me, Kerm, Forty-two, etc. (the usual players these days) ping "HW" in SAX. The place is the room "Cemetech" Smile
Don't forget Qazz and Jimbauwens! Smile I wish there was some sort of Hedgewars leaderboard; should get Catherine to get on that, since he was researching hooking into the HW chat system.
I like hedgewars: I'll try to get on there sometime.
Heh, HW is certainly a fun game and I shall be sure to join in on more matches. however, as soon as Kerm fixes his desktop, UTUTUTUTU >Very Happy
Reviving an old topic, but this is still played, KermM and I had a number of 4v4 games. Besides texture errors, all good fun. Anyone else here up for some games?
AHelper wrote:
Reviving an old topic, but this is still played, KermM and I had a number of 4v4 games. Besides texture errors, all good fun. Anyone else here up for some games?
It was a great deal of fun, and I remembered how much you need to pay attention to not get roundly trounced. I hope you'll all join us tomorrow.
Yeah, I'm down! Is there a planned time? Does DecBot have the macro for calling out players? I'll be sporadically playing video games with friends throughout today but I should be able to find time for a game or three!
comicIDIOT wrote:
Yeah, I'm down! Is there a planned time? Does DecBot have the macro for calling out players? I'll be sporadically playing video games with friends throughout today but I should be able to find time for a game or three!
We've been running the matches as informally as ever, and yes, we have ~hw, ~yeshw, and ~nohw for getting other people involved in matches.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours