You could script an hourly autosave...
DShiznit wrote:
Definitely, that would be quite straightforward in Torquescript. Smile
Also, we can put more effort into debugging and preventing crashes in the first place Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
Also, we can put more effort into debugging and preventing crashes in the first place Smile
But of course, that goes without saying! Laughing What major issues are there with stability currently, other than the persistently annoying vehicle crashes?
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Definitely, that would be quite straightforward in Torquescript. Smile
I've only poked the TS of the server a bit to see how things worked, if one of you want to throw that together I'd be happy to add it to the server.

Also Elf we still need to figure out why it doesn't show up in the serverlist, as well as the fact that I can't remember how to set the game mode before starting the server, though I do know there is a DeathMatch or Sandbox starting commands.

Also it seems that the serversay() command got broke somehow, and serverannounce may or may not be working. Those should really be made to use camel case to improve readability as well.
Those are the functions that interface with Cemetech, correct? Hopefully I didn't break anything with the newest version of SAX. Smile
No those are just there so server admins can say stuff to users without joining themselves. I mainly use it to warn people that I need to reboot the server and such.
Oh, you may wish to look at how CyberPrime was implementing server-wide announcements, by way of center-printed text rather than in the chat box.
TheStorm wrote:
No those are just there so server admins can say stuff to users without joining themselves. I mainly use it to warn people that I need to reboot the server and such.
Ah, that's pretty cool. Carry on then. Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
Oh, you may wish to look at how CyberPrime was implementing server-wide announcements, by way of center-printed text rather than in the chat box.

Yeah that would be serverannounce();, it seemed to work ok but as I said serversay is throwing errors on me when I try to use it.
TheStorm wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Yeah that would be serverannounce();, it seemed to work ok but as I said serversay is throwing errors on me when I try to use it.
Super-necro'd... is this server still up and running, TheStorm?
When it hasn't crashed yeah I keep it running.

What would be nice is a way to have it auto-save every so often in a way that I could easily reload the builds. I think I may put that on the bounty source bug tracker when I get a chance.
TheStorm wrote:
When it hasn't crashed yeah I keep it running.

What would be nice is a way to have it auto-save every so often in a way that I could easily reload the builds. I think I may put that on the bounty source bug tracker when I get a chance.
You definitely should do that. I feel like this idea has been discussed previously; maybe it was a suggestion from you then too?
I will take a look at serversay, and look into autosave if I can get around to it.
CyberPrime wrote:
I will take a look at serversay, and look into autosave if I can get around to it.
Epic, let me know if there's anything you need me to add Cemetech-side.
What is the I.P.? I use Linux Smile
Asian, not only is this topic 3 years old, its also for FreeBuild and not Minecraft.

Sadly elfprince hasn't had as much time as he'd like to work on FreeBuild so my server has been offline since iirc there isn't even a linux build of the current version available.

I'll perhaps bring my server back up once FreeBuild progress continues or at least gets closer to a useable state.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours