Ok so I hacked my psp from OFW 6.00 (Which many said could not be done) Everything is working fine but now I am curios about some hardware mods.

Does anyone know how I could put additional flash memory into the psp.

For example I want to put a 16 gb flash drive chip into the psp to serve as an internal memory card since a 16 gb flash drive is cheaper than a 16 gb sd card.
I don't think that's possible, it would be better to just save yourself the trouble and get a 16 GB Memory Stick Duo. (not a SD card Wink)
Ya The pro duo is still pretty expensive. I was just wondering about this because I have 2 16 gb flash drives and I onlly use one.

Oh. Well.

thanks.
From what I understand, it's certainly possible, but would require

1) intimate low-level knowledge of how both the PSP and your flash chip work
2) very fine soldering skills
3) the software engineering know-how to interface the psp firmware with the new chip.
DShiznit wrote:
From what I understand, it's certainly possible, but would require

1) intimate low-level knowledge of how both the PSP and your flash chip work
2) very fine soldering skills
3) the software engineering know-how to interface the psp firmware with the new chip.

tl;dr; version: It's only possible if you already know how to do it
Well Thanks anyway. Looks like I am going to just get a Sd Card. For the same price online I can get 2 Micro SD 16 gb. and an adapter to take 2 micro to a magic gate SD card. So for the price of 16 I get 32 gb.

Thanks anyway guys.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Well Thanks anyway. Looks like I am going to just get a Sd Card. For the same price online I can get 2 Micro SD 16 gb. and an adapter to take 2 micro to a magic gate SD card. So for the price of 16 I get 32 gb.

Thanks anyway guys.

Which PSP are you using? The PSP1000 and PSP2000 models DO NOT use SD cards, they use Memory Stick Pro Duo. To my knowledge, Only the PSP Go uses SD cards for storage.
I am using 2001. and by SD i mean the pro duo. I have alot of devices that use memory sticks. I hate sony. Why cant they use the same memory cards as everyone else... But thanks for clarifying...
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I am using 2001. and by SD i mean the pro duo. I have alot of devices that use memory sticks. I hate sony. Why cant they use the same memory cards as everyone else... But thanks for clarifying...

Because they don't exclusively make those cards and/or get royalties from everyone who makes them.
DShiznit wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:

Because they don't exclusively make those cards and/or get royalties from everyone who makes them.
I wish that were the case. You'll note no one is selling third party Memory Stick Pro Duo's. It's not like Sony is earning royalty anyways on that format. It's probably their video game department being stuck-up since their cameras do use SD.
Ok... I meant that sony should have just used standard SD cards or standard Micro SD. Would have made things alot easier.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours