I thought version 10 was bloatware, anyway. All Corel really did was slap its logo on version 9 and skin the interface so it appeared to be an updated program. Version 9 was the last good version, IMO. You're just stuck with some dated format export options, and a lack of recent color depth support.
A bit necropost, but now that I was searching a bit, GraphicsGale is very good too. get free edition here
aeTIos wrote:
A bit necropost, but now that I was searching a bit, GraphicsGale is very good too. get free edition here
What does it offer? How heavy is it? I'm pretty happy with my combination of MSPaint and GIMP for now. Smile
Phew, I dont know how much space it uses, but it offers several useful tools like splitting a 16x16 grid in 4 parts of 8x8.
MS Paint is the best spriting tool of all IMO.
MS Paint. Anything above that is lame, and makes anyone an artist.
lol. Thats a point. But sometimes I feel that a grid of 8x8/16x16 squares could be very useful.
You can turn on grids in MS Paint, and you can resize it to what you need (8x8, 16x16, or AnythingxAnything Very Happy)

Edit: cf. http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=137175#137175
I personally use Paint.NET for most spriting I do on the computer, and for those directly on calc I use my own sprite editor.
Ashbad wrote:

That's like saying anything above Assembly is lame and makes anyone a programmer.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

That's like saying anything above Assembly is lame and makes anyone a programmer.

except in this use of using that type of statement it is completely true. At least for pixel-arting. Anyone using Photoshop or GIMP for pixel arting is lame. Anyone using MS-Paint for vivid non-pixel-art scenes is lame.

There's more of a balance.
Mspaint all the way

As for exporting I tend not to use sourcecoder (sorry Kerm Razz)
I prefer to use pic >> Z80 instead which also supports RLE compression options and spiffy as well (and it can import/export right from the clipboard! which makes it so much faster when your testing ^_^)
geekboy1011 wrote:
Mspaint all the way

As for exporting I tend not to use sourcecoder (sorry Kerm Razz)
I prefer to use pic >> Z80 instead which also supports RLE compression options and spiffy as well (and it can import/export right from the clipboard! which makes it so much faster when your testing ^_^)

I actually like SC's ability to do that, but I usually for better control over the operation use the old standby CalcGS Smile

however, SC++ for prizm picture converting Wink
I sprite on-calc with SirCmpwn's sprite editor Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours