I now know that I should separate my program into smaller sub programs, but I don't really know how. I am new to making games. This is my first major game to make. Before, I just made programs for physics class where you input information and it solves it in the formula automatically.

Basically, every city in the game has a pokemon center in it.
Let me pull up an example from my game that uses the poke center, and maybe you can help me make it into a 2nd program or a better way to call the pokemon center because currently, it feels very inefficient. Also, I am working on converting all of the Disp "1st line" Disp "2nd line" to Disp "1st line","2nd line":

Menu code for a Vermillion City

Code:
:Menu("Vermillion City","Pokemon Center",13,"Gym",43,"Diglett Cave",48,"Saffron City",45,"View Map",98,"View Poke",91,"More...",47)

Pokemon Center Code:

Code:

:Lbl 13
:ClrHome
:Disp "Welcome to the"
:Disp "Pokemon Center!"
:Disp "We heal your"
:Disp "Pokemon for you."
:Pause
:∟POKE(9)→∟POKE(8)
:Disp "Thank you for"
:Disp "waiting.  Your"
:Disp "Pokemon is"
:Disp "fully healed."
:Disp "Please come back"
:Disp "if your Pokemon"
:Disp "is hurt."
:Pause
:If ∟POKE(1)=2
:Goto 5
:If ∟POKE(1)=3
:Goto 12
:If ∟POKE(1)=4
:Goto 15
:If ∟POKE(1)=5
:Goto 24
:If ∟POKE(1)=6
:Goto 28
:If ∟POKE(1)=7
:Goto 37
:If ∟POKE(1)=8
:Goto 42

Here are some variable identifications:

∟POKE(1): Current Location. The numbers are cities.
∟POKE(9): Maximum Health
∟POKE(eight): Current Health

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours