Nikky, the first post joke or the cow one?
The cow one I don't consider hackneyed yet - I've only heard parts of it before. Smile

... your filter filtered... ha-ckneyed. Lame
Yeah, I think I need to unfilter ha-ck and cr-ack. They're getting annoying.
Indeed they are, Kermo.
Alrighty, glad we all agree then. Removed.
Bipartisan politics are riddled with tiresome machinations based in personal feuds, religious dogma and socio-ethical agendas. Freedom from state oppression should be a major concern at this point - not what your neighbors are doing within the privacy of their own homes.

Unscrupulous corporations, and the people who helped make them this way, are receiving billions in bail-outs from our government - amid an economic crisis - and all some people can bring themselves to care about is halting stem-cell research efforts, amending the Constitution to limit marital rights for same-sex couples, sparing fetal cells from "murder," or some equally reactionary nonsense that will set the U.S. back another 200 years.

Frankly, I do not care if anyone wants to open-carry loaded firearms, if two men or two women have traditional marriages and raise several children, if some Christian Fundamentalist wants to rally a protest against atheism, abortion, homosexuality, et al.; or if some teenage girl gets knocked-up 20 times and runs to the abortion clinic for each instance. It's none of my business how other people run their own lives; provided they do nothing to hinder another's freedom, bring direct, physical harm to them, or attempt to take their life.

This is an entirely deterministic universe we exist in. Whatever occurs is occurring within the "intention" of nature, and can be no other way. It would be futile for anyone to try to convince me that anything in this world is inherently corrupt, immoral or against nature. Perhaps such people have an argument with nature itself, rather than the people supposedly committing acts against. They are byproducts of nature, just like you. It's only our opinions of these things that lead us to conclusions about immorality - and though I'm not saying morality is pointless, or that anyone is wrong for having a certain moral belief about something - it's important to make this distinction before trying to obligate others to live by moral absolutes. Certainly, some laws are desirable: Those which ensure we don't outright destroy one another. Beyond ensuring the continued survival of humanity, I am not supportive of laws that attempt to squelch social behaviors which do not compromise practical freedom or physical survival.

That puts me somewhere around Libertarianism; though, I don't want to pigeon-hole myself. Libertarians put an undue and impractical emphasis on economic freedom.
I found some of those funny. The democrat ones would have been funnier if they were based more in fact though. This past year had the lowest working-class tax rates in decades...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours