This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 04:36:30 pm    Post subject:

What do you think caused the war in Iraq?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 04:43:43 pm    Post subject:

I meant what really caused the war.
Jeffrey

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 04:49:46 pm    Post subject:

Although the idea of an oil war is very possible, it doesnt seem like something that a cold hearted president would benefit from. He wouldnt get the oil, the U.S. would. I suppose that boost his "ratings" with the public if he lowered gas prices.

The cause of this war was POLITICS. Bush wanted reelected, so he decided to try and do something after 9/11 that made it look like he was "protecting" the United States from foreign terror. POLITICS = STUPIDITY, so that is what I voted for.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 05:10:18 pm    Post subject:

September 11 started the Osama bin Laden hunt and possibly the war in Afghanistan. It couldn't possibly have a rational connection with the war in Iraq.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 05:17:42 pm    Post subject:

of course.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 05:45:24 pm    Post subject:

How do you know there weren't? Were you looking at politics that closely back then?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 05:46:20 pm    Post subject:

Sir Robin, you are very opinionated for someone so young. Please study history carefully before preaching your ideas.

I only ask this because there is a very distinct connection throughout the history of this world with every war that has ever been fought. You may come to realize what it is through studying, if not then I'm deeply sorry..

--AlienCC
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 05:49:11 pm    Post subject:

I am not preaching them, I simply give them in a hope someone may respond. I see nothing wrong with being opinionated at whatever age, age doesn't matter that much anyway. I know people that are over forty but still act like children of about age six, I know very mature people younger than 10 years old.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 05:52:37 pm    Post subject:

I had an excellent French teacher last year (unlike now Sad ). She said that there were three thing she wanted us to learn from her class:

1) There is nothing new under the sun

2) Words are power

3) I can't remember right now, sorry.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Dec 2003 05:52:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 05:55:18 pm    Post subject:

She wasn't French - she taught French. Why do you hate them so much?
Matt

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 05:55:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm with AlienCC oh and by the way politics have never started wars. We went to Iraq to search for wepons of mass destruction
Then they terroized us (terroism)
So we went over there to do: Operation Iraq Freedom
Now that thats over we are in: Operation Hammer
Jeffrey

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 06:00:19 pm    Post subject:

The only people who praise Hitler are craving for attention.

Sep. 11th did not directly cause our invation of Iraq, but it may have caused Bush to act like he was taking steps towards the prevention of a second disaster.

Quote:
September 11 started the Osama bin Laden hunt and possibly the war in Afghanistan. It couldn't possibly have a rational connection with the war in Iraq.

I agree with the underlying message of that (September 11th was no excuse for the invasion of Iraq), but without Sep 11 Bush wouldnt have had his head turned towards the middle east and would have had no excuse for "protecting our country against terrorism".

P.S.

Newbie, May I suggest you check your e-mail and confirm your validation. Why, you may ask? Because then you could use your edit button.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 06:16:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I am not preaching them, I simply give them in a hope someone may respond. I see nothing wrong with being opinionated at whatever age, age doesn't matter that much anyway. I know people that are over forty but still act like children of about age six, I know very mature people younger than 10 years old.

There is nothing wrong with being opinionated if you have facts, truth, and proof to back you up, otherwise your opinion is just words without meaning regardless of your age. However there is a certain wisdom that comes with age in some people, you'll come to learn as you grow older.

Quote:
1) There is nothing new under the sun

The sun is a great ball of burning gases to the best of our studies, nothing is ever under the sun.

Quote:
2) Words are power

The only words that contain power, are words of Truth, all other words are meaningless.

Here's an idea for you...why not try to help people or do something productive instead of riling them up into anger?

--AlienCC
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 07:02:58 pm    Post subject:

AlienCC wrote:
Here's an idea for you...why not try to help people or do something productive instead of riling them up into anger?

I help people... though why should I? Isn't riling people up into anger all you're doing?

Oh and in case you didn't notice, "under the sun" is a figure of speech.

All words have power. Politics is all about power gained with words that are meaningless.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 07:44:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I help people... though why should I? Isn't riling people up into anger all you're doing?

You should help people because life becomes meanless and miserable when you aren't doing that, I speak from experience. If people are riled up into anger from my words then it is because they either do not know me, or they choose not to know me, or they are clearly unaware of my actions.

Quote:
All words have power. Politics is all about power gained with words that are meaningless.

Politics are nothing more then ideas, most of which are usually misguided or misleading. There is no satisfaction found in ideas unless they can be backed by truth and power which comes from the truth. True power does not come from lies, or deceipt quit fooling yourself.

--AlienCC

Last edited by Guest on 17 Dec 2003 07:49:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 08:08:04 pm    Post subject:

My age is not so important, but you can be assured older then all or most everyone else here.

--AlienCC
Jeffrey

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 09:11:47 pm    Post subject:

Wisdom grows with age. Knowledge is sharp with youth. Paradox.

Age, who cares?
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 11:37:22 pm    Post subject:

Well, it would help if everyone would put their birth date in the forum under their profile! You know, without something to compare it to, he cannot prove it, but he is older than most of you.

I am older than most of you, and he is older than I.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Dec 2003 12:15:28 am    Post subject:

Jeff makes a good point. And age is fleeting thing. Although wisdom expands with age, wise men are not wise all the time. While you may be one of the oldest here AlienCC --I have little reason to doubt this-- , birthright alone doesn't give any man free pass to go roaming about patronizing follow board members and thier opinions. Challenge ideas because of your experience. Challange ideas because of your education. But don't challange ideas simply because "I was born first!" Of course, everyone here is free to express thier ideas anyway they please. But hiding behind birthdates and calanders is counterproductive to say the least...and cowardly to say the most.

Getting back on track, I'll say I think the war was started for national security purposes first; political reasons second. Saddam's recent capture may bring Bush's numbers up in the polls today, but I don't think that was the original aim a year ago. This war still has a potential to end in failure; another notch in a growing list of recent military snafus. Given the risk to his own career, I say Bush started the war over the WMD.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 Dec 2003 01:51:05 am    Post subject:

if i wanted ppl's ages i would give out mine then ask.

i think the war with iraq is bs; bush has yet to find weapons of mass destruction in any quantity.

Dragons are entitled to their own opinion!

Last edited by Guest on 18 Dec 2003 01:51:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement