This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
funlu

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 03:17:14 pm    Post subject:

I just started using my nspire again. While plugging it in I unkowingly upgraded to OS 2.1. Then of course I found out about ndless. I was able to acquire a copy of OS 1.1 and installed it (after using nleash to remove the downgrade block). I installed ndless just fine but now, every time i turn the calculator on I have to remove and reinsert the batteries. I did remove all files and the OS on the calcuator from the "home+enter+p" menu and reinstalled the OS 1.1 twice, with the same problem.]

Also, the calculator does techincally turn on but the screen doesnt. The calc is recognized by the computer when I turn it on. But Im not sure if I can actually do calcuations or anything while the screen is off.

Do I have a bad 1.1? Or is my calculator corrupted or something? And has this ever happened to anybody? please help
apcalc

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 04:13:07 pm    Post subject:

This "Power Management Bug" affects all Nspires produced after 2007 while running OS 1.1. Right now, the closest thing to a "fix" is a program that you can leave selected when you turn it off, and when you turn it back on, hit "enter".

Another solution is to use Ndless 1.7 for OS 1.7, but you have to build that version yourself, as binaries are not being distributed until it is completly stable.
funlu

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 05:09:21 pm    Post subject:

apcalc wrote:

This "Power Management Bug" affects all Nspires produced after 2007 while running OS 1.1. Right now, the closest thing to a "fix" is a program that you can leave selected when you turn it off, and when you turn it back on, hit "enter".

Another solution is to use Ndless 1.7 for OS 1.7, but you have to build that version yourself, as binaries are not being distributed until it is completly stable.

Ok then thanks ill just have to try that then

Edit: Actually, by "enter" do you mean enter or the hand button? Either isnt working

Last edited by Guest on 23 Sep 2010 06:05:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 09:05:57 pm    Post subject:

You have to use a program that is designed to reset the calculator. This one should work fine.
funlu

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 09:59:03 pm    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:

You have to use a program that is designed to reset the calculator. This one should work fine.

Thanks. I just wish a 2.0 version would come out.
Why work on a 1.7 version when 2.0 is the new thing? But I do understand TI is doing whatever they can to stop this hacking and everything so hacking takes a while.
apcalc

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 03:51:05 pm    Post subject:

From what I understand, a version for OS 2.0 has been worked on, but it is not easy to find new hacks. Right now support for OS 1.7 would be much better than OS 1.1. It fixes several issues with things like the Power Management Bug and dealing with an old OS with limited math features/no TI-Nspire BASIC. I am happy with Ndless 1.7 because the OS allows me enough math functionability, so I can keep Ndless installed while in school.
Smartzkid

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 07:30:56 pm    Post subject:

Could someone post the binaries for those who don't want to trouble with building them? I, for one, would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by Guest on 24 Sep 2010 07:31:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
apcalc

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 08:12:26 pm    Post subject:

ExtendeD has asked that binaries not be distributed as Ndless 1.7 is still in an unstable beta stage. I am sure as soon as all of the bugs are worked out, we will see a release. Until then, you will have to build it yourself. Sorry.
yifanlu

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 10:10:21 pm    Post subject:

Yea, for me, the only time it works is if you plug in the usb cable right when the clock pops up. (Otherwise it crashes). However, since sleep works now, I don't ever have to turn off my nspire. However, gbc4nspire works great, so it's a tradeoff.
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 01:07:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Could someone post the binaries for those who don't want to trouble with building them?

As apcalc wrote: "no", sorry.
funlu

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 11:30:18 am    Post subject:

Lionel Debroux wrote:

Quote:
Could someone post the binaries for those who don't want to trouble with building them?

As apcalc wrote: "no", sorry.

Where can you get the source code or whatever used to build it?
bwang

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 01:00:07 pm    Post subject:

It is in the Ndless SVN repository.
OS 1.7 is also nice because it is much smaller than OS 2.0.
jessej

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 09:52:37 am    Post subject:

Smartzkid wrote:

Could someone post the binaries for those who don't want to trouble with building them? I, for one, would greatly appreciate it!

Hello smartzkid could you plz send os1.1 to jesse.dewaard@hotmail.com?
I can't find it anywhere else. Thanks
apcalc

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 10:35:44 am    Post subject:

Please, don't use United-TI as a place for OS 1.1 requests. We cannot distribute it. It is not that hard to find on google; the full version number is 1.1.9253. Actually, if you look through the thread "Mission - Hack the Nspire" here, you might find what you need. Wink
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement