This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
xtjacob

Posted: 05 Oct 2010 06:22:05 pm    Post subject:

I have a question, I just loaded the OS 1.7 on my Non-CAS Nspire with the touchpad and when it boots up it says, "Unrecognized Keypad". Isn't OS 1.7 compatible with the touchpad? Just another question, what is the key combination to get into the maintenance menu on the touchpad?

Last edited by Guest on 05 Oct 2010 06:32:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
apcalc

Posted: 05 Oct 2010 06:35:56 pm    Post subject:

Touchpad is not compatible with 1.7

I believe it is doc, ee, lessthan (I might be very wrong on this, as I have never used it)
xtjacob

Posted: 05 Oct 2010 06:39:47 pm    Post subject:

apcalc wrote:

I believe it is doc, ee, lessthan (I might be very wrong on this, as I have never used it)

Dangit I was hoping I didn't have to wait for Ndless to come out for 2.0.
Just for future reference the combination is Doc+EE+Enter then press on, and press "t" to delete to OS.
Levak

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 06 Oct 2010 01:22:27 am    Post subject:

xtjacob wrote:

apcalc wrote:

Dangit I was hoping I didn't have to wait for Ndless to come out for 2.0.
Just for future reference the combination is Doc+EE+Enter then press on, and press "t" to delete to OS.

Ndless 2.0 will use the same "bug", we have just to translate the IDC files (adresses).
ExtendeD

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 06 Oct 2010 02:45:55 am    Post subject:

Thank you for your help Levak and bsl.

Levak wrote:

By the way, Ndless 1.7 can be installed without the previous random (I think it is an ExtendeD modification) on an Hardware Nspire (without the tip to do, permanent link also works)

I thnik on the way of the installation, Ndless 1.7 is stable. On the other hand, the bug of the teta is still there.

Nothing as yet been commited about this, the installation is still unreliable. It depends on the state of the calculator so you may not see any problem on yours.

Levak wrote:

particules_beta works fine but hello_beta make the calc reboot. Razz

The hello issue is identified here as "Random crash when running programs on real hardware" and may be related to the hot reboot.

Levak wrote:

Ndless 2.0 will use the same "bug", we have just to translate the IDC files (adresses).

The current hot reboot is not compatible with 2.0 so it won't be that easy, that's also why I want to can rid of it.
sam101

Posted: 07 Oct 2010 01:35:53 pm    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:

Though, you should be aware that if you wait, TI might release an OS that blocks downgrades to OS 1.7

Well, they still have the NSpire Navigator's betas witch works only on 1.7.X Wink.
ExtendeD

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Oct 2010 04:01:33 pm    Post subject:

Ndless documentation is being moved to Hackspire. This should in the long term help to begin C and assembly development on the TI-Nspire.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement