This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Levak

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 19 Jun 2010 06:25:34 am    Post subject:

Hi all here !
Critor just released his Autocalc on TI-Nspire. Yes, on TI-Nspire. You're looking at me and saying "why ? TI-Nspire can make fractions and all stuff  with pretty print view !" Not totally true. The TI-nSpire CAS could. But The TI-nSpire nonCAS couldn't. When you enter "1/4" it answer "0.25"... like a TI-84+

Thus, Critor made this to broaden the popularity of the TI-nSpire nonCAS, cause poor students sale their useless calc and buy a Casio calc..

Well, this pretty useful stuff is called "mCAS" like "mini CAS". In its description, you can learn that the TI-nSpire nonCAS have only one CAS engine ( / 4 on CAS) : the pretty print entry view. So then, when Critor told me "Hey, look at the functions, you can still have Pretty Print on it !" I designed a stupid but ingenious function that update the function box, and then you can view the result in Pretty Print on the TI-nSpire non CAS !
Well...
You still do not understand what does it mean ?
Check this (French) :

(wait a while, the beginning is here to show where mCAS can go)
You can download mCAS in French here, it includes an English readme :
http://ti.bank.free.fr/index.php?mod=archives&ac=voir&id=1884

mCAS is fully compatible with OS 1.7 (and OS 1.4 but there is a refresh bug with my pretty print function, but mCAS works)

Costly,
Levak
critor

Posted: 19 Jun 2010 06:30:44 am    Post subject:

Thank you Levak for this topic.

For the moment, mCAS can only handle special expressions, more precisely 20 kinds of special expressions.

But that's far enough for the students here.

It's quite fast.
It just takes some seconds in the worst cases.

The next step would be to add arbitrary symbolics.

I'm thinking about it...

Here are some pictures:

And a full 10-minutes tutorial, but subtitled in french:

With mCAS, you can do CAS-stuff on your basic TI-Nspire.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jun 2010 06:31:30 am; edited 1 time in total
critor

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 11:03:24 am    Post subject:

Remember mCAS ?

The next mCAS library release is going to add a limit function to the non-CAS Nspire, and severall sample-tns using it to study functions and gathering the results in a tablea (matrix).

Feel free to post your comments, needs and wishes.
littleazn248

Posted: 20 Nov 2010 04:29:49 pm    Post subject:

Hi I'm confused so how is MCAS supposed to help? I installed it but I'm a little confused about its benefits.

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_nspire_cas_clickpad.html?subid=2&topid=350

I tried but it can't do any of these functions.
critor

Posted: 20 Nov 2010 07:46:17 pm    Post subject:

It depends of what you want to do.

mCAS currently does not support formal expressions.

The released version gives you exact numeric results (with fractions, radicals and much more...).

In the current development version, I'm adding limit support.

For handling formal expressions, you may try a library from Bwang.
It's available on ticalc.org.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement