This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Bhaliar

Posted: 24 May 2010 03:59:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm not trying to bash anyone or say anything offensive. I understand that people may just be purely busy. Even so. I wanted to comment on my observations.

For a bit now, its seems like only a few people actually interact. I've asked questions of people and haven't recieved any answers. It's like typing to a wall.

Even if your busy, I encourage people to at least post something to let others know that they are interested and or paying attention. Otherwise, the sites going to crumble. I have had little to discuss lately because no one will answer questions or try to help anyone.
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 May 2010 04:04:52 pm    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:

I'm not trying to bash anyone or say anything offensive. I understand that people may just be purely busy. Even so. I wanted to comment on my observations.

For a bit now, its seems like only a few people actually interact. I've asked questions of people and haven't recieved any answers. It's like typing to a wall.

Even if your busy, I encourage people to at least post something to let others know that they are interested and or paying attention. Otherwise, the sites going to crumble. I have had little to discuss lately because no one will answer questions or try to help anyone.

I'm afraid you're going to have to back that up with some examples. Where have people been unhelpful or ignored your questions?
calcdude84se

Posted: 24 May 2010 05:49:16 pm    Post subject:

This site does have less activity and therefore slower response times than, say, omnimaga. You just have to wait a bit longer.
I'm not sure we've ever ignored you. I do browse UTI less often than before, but nevertheless, please, point us to where you need help and those of us who can will gladly answer.
Bhaliar

Posted: 24 May 2010 07:55:05 pm    Post subject:

calcdude84se wrote:

This site does have less activity and therefore slower response times than, say, omnimaga. You just have to wait a bit longer.
I'm not sure we've ever ignored you. I do browse UTI less often than before, but nevertheless, please, point us to where you need help and those of us who can will gladly answer.

Look at my Pokemon post. Look at the user who wanted a collaborative group effort but closed it because I was the only other person who pledged help.

On another note, does anyone know where I can find an example of the damage equation from an original pokemon game?
_player1537

Posted: 24 May 2010 08:34:14 pm    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:

calcdude84se wrote:

Look at my Pokemon post. Look at the user who wanted a collaborative group effort but closed it because I was the only other person who pledged help.

On another note, does anyone know where I can find an example of the damage equation from an original pokemon game?

link here you go. also yay my first post Razz I've been here for 2-4 months now. also yes I have noticed UTI gets less posts and I'll definitly try to help with anything if I get a chance to

Last edited by Guest on 24 May 2010 08:34:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
calcdude84se

Posted: 25 May 2010 06:11:37 am    Post subject:

Didn't notice just how slow this was getting... Goodness. I need to visit more often.
Sincere apologies.
Xeda112358

Posted: 27 May 2010 08:32:37 am    Post subject:

It has been rather slow and it gets frustrating. I have no internet access outside of school (and school ends shortly here... 10 days). I do try to post when I can (especially when I am interested), but nobody is making responses to respond to. Garr (and a half). By the way... I am working on an assembly program and I was wondering what people might think about it. It is designed for graphical and data manipulation (think of Celtic3 and xLIB), but it requires some more advanced knowledge (if you are pretty comfortable with byte manipulations, you should be fine). Right now herer are some of the neat ideas I have included (they work with no bugs that I have found):

-It installs a font hook like Omnicalcs. The chars 0~9 and A~F can be edited so that when you do something like Output(1,1,"012 , you can display sprites instead of actual text. These tilemaps can then be compressed.
-An actual Tilemap and sprite routine is included
-Editing and reading data in vars is possible
-Tokenizing/detokenizing is possible
-Font stuff does not use user RAM

When I get the chance, I will upload it, but if you have any ideas, let me know. I called it FontEditor (like my BASIC program), but I plan on changing the name. I have an example program, too, that works very well.
Galandros

Posted: 27 May 2010 08:33:39 am    Post subject:

I am not participating as usual in UTI because there isn't many talk that I can help like Nspire stuff.

I will make a effort, though.
calcdude84se

Posted: 27 May 2010 03:49:15 pm    Post subject:

We need more things to discuss... When my project gets to an alpha or maybe just a demo, I'll create a topic for discussion.
Bhaliar

Posted: 27 May 2010 06:25:32 pm    Post subject:

Well thanks to everyone, especially player1537 for the damage equation. I've been looking for days for an example, and that is exactly what I needed. XD.
As soon as I can either fix my ti connect, and/or type out the code, I'll have a small demo up. Right now, you'll only be able to have one pokemon, and can only choose from one pokeon from each type.n They will level up. I probably willl work on sprites once I find my yellow game. I'm gonna try and stick to those as close as I can.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jun 2010 10:06:39 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, it's been kind of dead this year so far. Maybe it's a shortage of topics. I usually drop by everyday, but there's either not much to add or stuff I wanna add would take too long to type. Who knows? I'd even stomach one of those dreaded debate topics if it got things buzzing again. Razz
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 12:39:28 am    Post subject:

Generally, topics which have not been posted in for 30 days are automatically hidden from view: these are retrievable via the filter options found below each subforum index. But, our yearly dry spell—coupled with a new IPB version, which has likely reversed the timeline behaviors that members had set on their accounts prior—has knocked a good chunk of the topics from visitors' eyeshot. Consequently, those who are browsing the forum for the first time tend to believe that this board is mostly empty, which couldn't be farther from the truth. So, to better encourage contribution in what might otherwise be perceived as a pint-sized forum, I've eliminated the cut-off date.

Now, go explore our forum's history! (But mind the board rules, please.)

Last edited by Guest on 10 Jun 2010 12:44:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement