This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Bhaliar

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 03:42:43 pm    Post subject:

SilentCoder wrote:

downloading new weapons i can see happening..
new quests... and in game features is a lil tough

The only problem I can see with that, is how to put the quest in the original code or run different programs without using specific names. Unless... Maybe if we named all special quests the same, and they just replaced each other, and when you beat one, the program will check if you have and tell you so. That way, it could run as an outside program or something. I'm not really sure. Just tossing up first thing that comes to mind.

That and for now, why don't we use this forum to iron out the specific parts of the games you want to work on first andre. Even if people don't want to help program, they still might have brain waves that we can use to program things.

Last edited by Guest on 05 Jun 2010 03:43:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
calcdude84se

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 07:06:36 pm    Post subject:

I don't see why we couldn't have a really modular engine. Nor why they'd have to have the same name. ASM/Axe is much more flexible than that. Honestly, we can do almost anything, we just have to make sure we have enough memory and it's fast enough.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 07:20:21 pm    Post subject:

Difficult project, requires significant amount of programming experience.
calcdude84se

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 07:42:29 pm    Post subject:

And that. The more complicated we make this, the better the programmers we'll have to have. So add programmer ability to that list.
andrepd

Posted: 06 Jun 2010 05:32:49 am    Post subject:

SilentCoder wrote:

downloading new weapons i can see happening..
new quests... and in game features is a lil tough

ye maybe quests or so are too difficult to implement. But I was thinking more of weapons, armor, items, or monsters/bosses.
andrepd

Posted: 06 Jun 2010 06:14:35 am    Post subject:

Aah! Finally the exams are over! Just got one more test and I'm free to go. That means I'm much more available now for the project. I'll be posting a map and some quest ideas in a while.
Bhaliar

Posted: 09 Jun 2010 03:20:55 pm    Post subject:

Well I'm still in, unless we definitely do it in axe. My experience with axe is negligible, but i'm good at basic. Bosses and stuff would be easier, because(imagining in basic) We would just have to send new lists and such to the calc, with the name, power,defense, etc. And lists for sprites if we were using plot sprites.
calcdude84se

Posted: 09 Jun 2010 05:42:34 pm    Post subject:

Bhaliar: so ASM is fine for you? This is rhetorical, but realize that ASM might still be the language. Integration w/Axe may also work.
BASIC would be an interesting choice, though. I'd support it, but I don't know if it can do all that we want it to without a whole lotta help from Axe/ASM
Bhaliar

Posted: 09 Jun 2010 06:57:42 pm    Post subject:

calcdude84se wrote:

Bhaliar: so ASM is fine for you? This is rhetorical, but realize that ASM might still be the language. Integration w/Axe may also work.
BASIC would be an interesting choice, though. I'd support it, but I don't know if it can do all that we want it to without a whole lotta help from Axe/ASM

Unfortunately, I'm still learning assembly. If we do it in axe, I could study up.And Like I said, Basic could handle it if done properly. We could have maps stored in matrices or lists. Would probably be ascii like though. It really depends on what andre decides he wants to do with it. XD
calcdude84se

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 09:44:57 am    Post subject:

True, it's his idea and it'll be taken where he will.
ghostdm

Posted: 16 Jun 2010 01:51:01 pm    Post subject:

well I have a bit of experience in basic.. not as much in axe even tho I have done some progs using it
I'm in regardless of what you choose,
I could help with creative or programming anything really..
ghostdm

Posted: 16 Jun 2010 01:57:41 pm    Post subject:

as for implementing the updates...
I see the only way would be what was said earlier..
a subprogram that holds string and list information
strings would hold the weapons/armor/potion/etc. names
lists would hold other info regarding where the name in each string is located and end point
attack def or strength stats additions to health... how much a potion heals etc. of each item would also be in the lists
Bhaliar

Posted: 16 Jun 2010 02:08:57 pm    Post subject:

SilentCoder wrote:

lists would hold other info regarding where the name in each string is located and end point
attack def or strength stats additions to health... how much a potion heals etc. of each item would also be in the lists

Well, we would use strings to do the names, and lists for the stats like def and damage of weapons and such. They would just be added to the calculator and over write the old ones. Or get added to the store, etc.
ghostdm

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 11:56:42 am    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:

SilentCoder wrote:

Well, we would use strings to do the names, and lists for the stats like def and damage of weapons and such. They would just be added to the calculator and over write the old ones. Or get added to the store, etc.

exactly as I had said lol
but ya i see that as the best way for updates
subprograms that people would download to replace the old
Bhaliar

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 06:33:20 pm    Post subject:

SilentCoder wrote:

Bhaliar wrote:

SilentCoder wrote:

exactly as I had said lol
but ya i see that as the best way for updates
subprograms that people would download to replace the old

Like I said, this is from a basic stand point. If we were doing it like that, i would be glad to help. But I don't know, so if he doesn't eventually respond, im just not going to bother.
ghostdm

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 11:29:40 am    Post subject:

It would be fine in basic truthfully...
It wouldn't be so graphical but more graphics = more space anyways
Besides it can be text based and still be fun as hell
Bhaliar

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 02:08:44 pm    Post subject:

SilentCoder wrote:

It would be fine in basic truthfully...
It wouldn't be so graphical but more graphics = more space anyways
Besides it can be text based and still be fun as hell

I agree. I made a text based game where there was a three pane town. Each pane had it's own building to sell different things. There was also a field where you went to battle monsters. I stopped because the battle engine was glitched, and I could never figure out why.Though, I think the town's could be like pokemon, where its half birds view, half front view, and the battle should be a side view. it would make monsters much easier to display on screen. And when you attack with different weapons, it could be like a turn based, where it tries to attack back. I just had an idea that I wished I had implemented into my games. if the attack does 0 damage, instead of missing, your guy pulls out a shield. hmmmm. I might actually use that. XD
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 20 Jun 2010 07:12:29 pm    Post subject:

You guys can always use X-lib for graphics and BASIC for the programming.
ghostdm

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 01:23:48 pm    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:

You guys can always use X-lib for graphics and BASIC for the programming.

Ya. I love XLib I can code well in it
JustCause

Posted: 26 Aug 2010 10:38:54 am    Post subject:

I likely won't be helpful from a programming standpoint if this will be in anything more complicated than xLib (and Axe/ASM is likely the way to go here); however, I would be happy to sign on with the Creative Division and help out with design.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement