This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
thepenguin77

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 May 2010 09:54:00 pm    Post subject:

I didn't really know where to put this, project releases seemed to fit the best but that is non-postable.

So I've never actually submitted any of my projects to ticalc.org before. But after much nagging from my friends I finally did it. I figured that I would post the links on here so you guys can see what I've actually been working on.

Big Games:
Missile Game 3d
Orbit
Tetris Marathon
Z-Rox

Little Games:
Progression
Lights Out

Utilities:
zStart
ChemMass
Level16
Stop Watch

So what do you think?

Edit:
Fixed Z-Rox which moved as I predicted.

Last edited by Guest on 20 May 2010 08:12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galandros

Posted: 17 May 2010 08:37:00 am    Post subject:

I saw your releases in ticalc. I instantly bookmarked your profile to see later.

What I can say right now is that some of them were already made quite well like the stopwatch using SE crystal timers, Lights out in assembly and ChemMass equivalent in TI-BASIC (it is a great quality program but in assembly it will be faster). But is nice to bring some alternatives, too. The stopwatch is quite nice to have on the calculator for physics classes.

I think there is 8 level grayscale experiments but 16 level is a new level. Neutral I will see the source just for curiosity.

The zStart is indeed a nice utility. It remembers a TI apps to customize when you start the calculator.

Great works and with the released source code they turn even more appreciated. Continue and you can get many ideas and feedback in the forums. Try Omnimaga forum that is very active in these days.

Last edited by Guest on 17 May 2010 08:40:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ztrumpet

Posted: 17 May 2010 04:49:31 pm    Post subject:

Those are incredible! Awesome job Penguin! I saw Orbit today over on Omnimaga, and I just found out there's more of you're great programs. That's great! I've really enjoyed Orbit and I can't wait to try your other programs! Excellent work! Very Happy
thepenguin77

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 May 2010 06:59:23 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the support. I figure that some of those programs were already around on ticalc, but instead of looking, I figured it would be easier to just make them myself.
Galandros

Posted: 19 May 2010 01:51:36 pm    Post subject:

thepenguin77 wrote:

Thanks for the support. I figure that some of those programs were already around on ticalc, but instead of looking, I figured it would be easier to just make them myself.

But you probably gave a higher quality alternative (I still need to check better), and you are doing great works. Your tetris version is cool even if there thousands of ports.
ztrumpet

Posted: 19 May 2010 04:11:00 pm    Post subject:

I've tried these four so far:
Orbit: Excellent game! I've spent a lot of time with it. My high is 36.
Stopwatch: Not really a game, but by pressing [2nd] [Mode], I got it to display 00:00:00:01 Smile It's pretty useful for timing code (providing I'm using two calcs atm.)
Tetris Marathon: Wow. This is the best Tetris for calc that I've ever scene. Personally, I play using left, right, up, XTthetaN, and Stat, so I'm glad I can play multiple ways. I really like the teacher key save-game-and-quit. It's great for breaking up the gameplay and pulling the calc out later. Awesome job on this one, it's perfect. Very Happy
Missile 3d: This game's pretty fun, and you're right, it can gather a crowd. I've gotten 44 and my friend got 47. How fast is it going at 100? Also, how did you display the "static" once you crash?
Thanks for these awesome games! You're a great coder and I'm sure I'll enjoy many more hours with them. Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 19 May 2010 04:12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
thepenguin77

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 May 2010 08:08:04 pm    Post subject:

Funny enough, Tetris originated with my friend jokingly saying "You should make Tetris." So I did in like a week. My goal was to try to simulate tetrisfriends.com. The only changes I made were that my scoring is a little different so that tetrises give you more points than singles, and t-spins weren't included.

For orbit, on a previous version, I had it stop putting in new balls after 68 due to running out of memory. But then, one day, some freshman came up to me and realized that I made the game. So he said that he got such a high score that the game glitched. He actually managed to get like 240. So after that, I had to make a new version of the game. My best is a 103 that I got in study hall just deciding to play because I was bored.

I did not actually see my friend get 100, but he said it was really fast. I have gotten to 88 and I believe it is about .75 sec per panel. The static was actually just filling the screen with random pixels. It was a much easier solution than an explosion screen.

Galandros: You said that the ChemMass had already been done in basic. But the change I made was to use hooks. So for instance, typing ?O?/?Fe2O3 on the home screen would give you the percent of oxygen in iron oxide.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 22 May 2010 09:31:49 pm    Post subject:

thepenguin77 wrote:

Funny enough, Tetris originated with my friend jokingly saying "You should make Tetris." So I did in like a week. My goal was to try to simulate tetrisfriends.com. The only changes I made were that my scoring is a little different so that tetrises give you more points than singles, and t-spins weren't included.

For orbit, on a previous version, I had it stop putting in new balls after 68 due to running out of memory. But then, one day, some freshman came up to me and realized that I made the game. So he said that he got such a high score that the game glitched. He actually managed to get like 240. So after that, I had to make a new version of the game. My best is a 103 that I got in study hall just deciding to play because I was bored.

I did not actually see my friend get 100, but he said it was really fast. I have gotten to 88 and I believe it is about .75 sec per panel. The static was actually just filling the screen with random pixels. It was a much easier solution than an explosion screen.

Galandros: You said that the ChemMass had already been done in basic. But the change I made was to use hooks. So for instance, typing ?O?/?Fe2O3 on the home screen would give you the percent of oxygen in iron oxide.

Sad-face moment for my Tetris game; its only attraction was the greyscale graphics and yours features it too, while also better implementing the mechanics of Tetris. Sad

Last edited by Guest on 22 May 2010 09:32:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement