This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhaliar

Posted: 09 Feb 2010 09:37:39 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I understand that part. Just making some suggestions. What about having the npcs freeze when oak walks up. There most likely off screen anyways.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 09 Feb 2010 10:20:56 pm    Post subject:

When Oak is moving up to get you, he is the only thing moving, there are no other people moving.
Bhaliar

Posted: 09 Feb 2010 10:24:50 pm    Post subject:

SO is the screen still updating for Npc's at the time? and sorry for the questions. I'm just trying to take it all in on basic.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 09 Feb 2010 10:45:32 pm    Post subject:

yes. I made all NPCs pare of the map data, so any time they move, it has to edit the string. This eliminated problems with seeing NPCs off screen and such and not giving errors. I just have to make it so that it ignores the one spot that the player is standing in on the screen and that flicker will be no more. =]
Bhaliar

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 12:53:51 am    Post subject:

Great! Can't wait for a demo or release.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 12:03:01 pm    Post subject:

The next demo will be available once I have confirmed that the battle system is fully working with the inventory system able to interact with it. Once those items are complete, then I will release a new version.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 05:09:02 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
The next demo will be available once I have confirmed that the battle system is fully working with the inventory system able to interact with it. Once those items are complete, then I will release a new version.

question, would the battle system be traditional to R/B/Y gameplay mechanics? or watered-down for simplicity?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 05:27:36 pm    Post subject:

metagross111 wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

question, would the battle system be traditional to R/B/Y gameplay mechanics? or watered-down for simplicity?

I am pushing to have it exactly like the original, minus the graphics of the attacks, of course. But we shall see what happens when I shoot for that and play it, speed and game play is a major factor afterall.
whyat least3

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 09:04:13 pm    Post subject:

YES, More progress, a huge jump since i last checked this, can't wait for the release.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 12:21:18 pm    Post subject:

Alright, happy to announce I have found the code from 2 years ago that was going to be the pokemon party display screen. I am not 100% certain how far along the code truly was, only that this is the code that was devised by myself and Weregoose. So, I will see about getting this code put back into the calculator, fix the variable usage problems that will most likely be a problem, and see about getting this thing off the ground, so we can see the stats of our brand new pokemans once I complete that bit. ^ ^
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 18 Feb 2010 12:43:46 pm    Post subject:

Todo list for version 0.2.0a:

+Getting first pokemon:
---Run through of equations and storing to list elements
-----will need routine to determine which L_P# to store to of the 6

+Create Pokemon Party Screen
---Some code already available (box creation)
---Need to create a stats screen
---Sub-Menu code needs to be rewritten, horridly bloated and might be able to consolidate into main program
---Need to recreate program to allow pokemon to be moved in the party

+Battle system
---Goodluck!
---Code for screen generation should already exist
---Need to create battle menu
---Need to code in attacks for first 5 attacks of each starter as minimum.

This is essentially what I will be doing now, in pretty much this order. Just putting this out here for those that might be curious as to the state of my progress and what is needed.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 10:55:37 am    Post subject:

Well, got to looking at some things, and I came to realize with the way I am doing things, a couple of important variables are going to get overwritten. >< So now I am looking to see where I can back up that information and use different variables to do what is needed.

I am just glad I noticed NOW instead of before putting this all down and getting irritated with some bug. <<
cssc

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 12:39:14 pm    Post subject:

Nice catch, I hope you can fix it pretty easily. And your outline looks good, I really admire your dedication to this project.
Bhaliar

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 06:18:30 pm    Post subject:

Looks good. Can't wait.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 Mar 2010 08:01:06 pm    Post subject:

Well, got around the problems that I had discussed before. I have a couple strings that are only used once in a while, so I dumped the text off into that and backed up the location of the string into another spare finance var. oh, and I switched the entire text display, save for position of text on the screen, into using finance variables for keeping track of things.

I have also thought about going in and writing in a routine that edits the map before it is displayed, pending on if events or pokeballs have been checked and such. This might slow map displaying down some, from the initial displaying, not the rendering or the moving around part. Is this worth it to everyone else? This way I wouldn't have extra characters or items on the screen when they are used or certain events were taken care of. Would actually be VERY easy to make, once I feel I get the pokemon to where you can get them, of course. This still holds top priority.

Also, been writing this code up to get all three pokemon, and I believe I have it written out. however, there is a lot of 'redundant code' that is the exact same between all three. So what I am thinking about doing is rewriting it to have the bulk of the same code and the conditionals to make changes to what is needed. Just not sure if it will be smaller or not. One could only hope so, but I won't know until I actually write it all out.. so yeah, here goes!
Bhaliar

Posted: 04 Mar 2010 09:55:14 pm    Post subject:

Looks Good. And I don't know. Is it a question of speed over graphics or flashing etc.?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 05 Mar 2010 05:32:28 am    Post subject:

all of this would be done before the map itself is dumped on to the screen, there is no 'flashing' as far as I have seen while playing. It might just take a second or two more to load the map is all, but would get rid of unneeded things off the map.
Bhaliar

Posted: 06 Mar 2010 01:59:22 am    Post subject:

I'd say do it.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 06 Mar 2010 10:37:32 am    Post subject:

lol, have gotten several of those, so yeah, something I will add once I get the pokemon to where you can get them.

On that note, I have shrunk the amount of code needed for that considerably. Still have a few tweaks on paper that needs to be done before I put it to calc. Hopefully will have something to test by tomorrow.
Bhaliar

Posted: 07 Mar 2010 08:38:37 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
lol, have gotten several of those, so yeah, something I will add once I get the pokemon to where you can get them.

On that note, I have shrunk the amount of code needed for that considerably. Still have a few tweaks on paper that needs to be done before I put it to calc. Hopefully will have something to test by tomorrow.

I've tried to plan on paper, but I don't really like it. Cause I make my programs in different ones, then copy them into a single one, so I like to test everything alot.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement