This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Bhaliar

Posted: 16 Nov 2009 10:19:22 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to create a Tower defense game. If you don't know what they are, searh shcokwave TD and play it.

A TD game is where you have a path you build towers along. The towers are ranged in type and strength. The monsters walk along the path and the towers fire upon them. I Might be able to program one on the home screen, but i'm looking for one on the graph screen. I will be able to help with the coding of this one.
dxfan101010

Posted: 16 Nov 2009 10:36:34 pm    Post subject:

Yes the have its even been brought up on this site b4 you could try to serch it. I think that it is relly slow in basic but probley possible in asm
ztrumpet

Posted: 17 Nov 2009 06:53:02 pm    Post subject:

It could be done in Basic if efficiently coded.
Bhaliar

Posted: 18 Nov 2009 07:14:27 pm    Post subject:

Okay. I haven't actually started the coding. Was cleaning out my Calculators memory today. But I have given though to it. I was thinking of building a version of the home screen then making a version for the graph screen. (Most of my games were done on the home screen. Razz) But my idea would be to use a loop that allows you to put Towers with specific ranges in certain areas.

Then when your done putting them down you press start, and it will run something where characters come out, and have a certain life. When they come in range, the life is subtracted by the towers damage. If they get past you lose one life. For selecting towers I was considering a menu with the different types, and when you click one, it describes it and you can go back or place it.

I also am going to make a sandbox mode and a regular mode with diff difficulties based on amount of money and enemy speed. My only problem is leveling up. I have run into problems of making enemies harder before. Usually I assign their level to a variable, and after each fight the variable goes up. Then when you fight, it does if statements to prescribe the right health and character.

Any one who can offer more effecient or better ideas, there welcome.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 18 Nov 2009 07:34:15 pm    Post subject:

now you could do this on the graph screen using the text( command
Bhaliar

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 05:27:50 pm    Post subject:

Well yeah. I see what you mean. It would be the same format, just with Text( instead of Output(

It would also make for a larger screen, and the map could be drawn more interesting. Thanks!

Last edited by Guest on 19 Nov 2009 07:48:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement