This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 12:37:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Ecclesiastical Province of Ragnoth

A once lusterous Magocracy, ruled by the wisdom of the ancient Arcanian ways. The Kingdom of Ragnoth fell under seige some time ago, when a force known only as a the Shadow Lord set out on a global conquest in search of the Arcanian's most guarded secret. Many denizens of Ragnoth fled to the eastern province, while those who remained were subjugated and forced to serve under the occupation of the Shadow Lord's forces. Civil unrest has stirred for many years, giving rise to an underground resistance faction determined to drive-out the occupation.

This is a project between me and "Zera," this game is going to be a huge 4 level grayscale RPG. A little bit of work has been done already, but more work still needs to be done. At the moment, we've got a title screen, a working prologue section, and most of the mappers done for the game.

We've still got a bit of work to, but it's going along quite smoothly. If you want to keep track of it, look for it on the Omnimaga forums.

Screenshot of some of what we have so far. The lightning effect does not show on this old version of wabbitemu, and a button was held for the prologue to make it go faster for those who don't want to spend ages on it. Also, the mapper is placed in debug mode. Image is best viewed in Firefox or another web browser capable of showing the full 30fps of this image (Not IE or Chrome):
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 12:52:28 am    Post subject:

GLORY...you could almost compete with the creator of desloate, as well as calc84maniac himself
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 01:42:48 am    Post subject:

It's Iambian, the creator of Celtic III...of course he can compete with them Razz
ztrumpet

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 10:52:39 am    Post subject:

lol Eeems.
I've never sceen that screen before. Looks cool.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 03:39:28 pm    Post subject:

Hot Dog wrote:
GLORY...you could almost compete with the creator of desloate, as well as calc84maniac himself

lol thought you were talking about me for a sec
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 04:08:39 pm    Post subject:

Oh... My, my. That is the best thing I have ever seen! Except that safari is slowing down, so... That's a huge .gif.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 04:47:20 pm    Post subject:

that's why you use firefox Razz
unless you are on an iPod, then I sympathize...I'm in the same boat...
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 05:13:43 pm    Post subject:

know whats funny, we switched from IE to Firefox a month ago.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 05:24:35 pm    Post subject:

It's about time! Although from what I've heard chrome and opera are just about ad good, I can't believe that people still use IE...
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Nov 2009 12:14:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm assuming this is your own storyline? While calculator remakes are fun, I like originals better
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Nov 2009 07:49:48 pm    Post subject:

(Jealous tone)
And how long has THIS been going on?!? :hmpf:
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Nov 2009 08:37:59 pm    Post subject:

Hot Dog wrote:
I'm assuming this is your own storyline? While calculator remakes are fun, I like originals better

As far as I know, the story is an original. The graphics, however, are not that original. I believe they were pulled off of some gameboy game (I guess Final Fantasy Adventures).

DigiTan wrote:
(Jealous tone)
And how long has THIS been going on?!? :hmpf:

For the past 6 months, with loads of downtime in between due to varying problems. The game has been planned by Zera for about a year prior to coding.

The rest of the project will get rolling as soon as I can recompress the maps to reclaim a bit of space needed for some other graphics. I'm not exactly a fan of expanding an app unless all other options have been tried. The game currently claims 4 flash pages (64KB) with a collective 20KB remaining for ... the rest of the stuff. Text is going to be huge part of it, but I believe it'll compress well with the magic of puCrunch, so the remaining 9K dedicated to that should suffice.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 02:46:10 pm    Post subject:

The menus for the game is being developed. I believe the most important part of the menu is being able to save and load a game, which is what this screenshot demonstrates, along with a few other effects, like "animated" teleporters and save spots because you know. If it looks flashy, it's probably important.

You've got two slots to save in, which is probably enough for a game like this.

Attached screenshot is at 9fps. More obvious empty spots are where portraits of characters are supposed to go. I didn't consider them a high priority as I figured they can be added after the whole menu thing is done.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 03:19:47 pm    Post subject:

Don't use Rydia. Sad
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2009 03:40:03 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
Don't use Rydia. Sad

The decision to use these sprites wasn't mine to make. The vast majority of the game's assets (99%+) came from the writer (who I assumed ripped all the sprites and tiles from various sources). I'm just programming this thing into existence. I can make some suggestions but I'm not sure how he'll take it. The character you're telling me not to use is a very important part of the story.
FinaleTI

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 02 Dec 2009 08:25:15 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose, what's wrong with Rydia? She rocked in FF4!

Iambian, looks like a great game. Keep up the good work!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement