This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 10:03:35 am    Post subject:

This is just for fun. Do you have a way of connecting multiple calculators, or can you only connect two calculators to each other?

Last edited by Guest on 26 Oct 2009 09:03:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 10:58:56 am    Post subject:

Check cemetech.net. KermMartian has developed something called Calc2Net, don't know if he ever finished, though.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 01:42:46 pm    Post subject:

Yep. Calc2Net looks to be the premier way to link more than two. (There was a 4-screen game demo up on Maxcoderz for a while). And if I remember correctly, it works vaguely like I2C, and the upper limit to the number of calcs was pretty darn high.
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 02:14:48 pm    Post subject:

Apparently if I view the poll results before voting, it counts that as a "null vote" or something and I can no longer vote.

You could connect an unlimited number of 84+/SEs and 89Ti's together with both the I/O and direct USB links, forming a long chain. No software exists to send data through all the connected calculators, but it could be done.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 03:45:09 pm    Post subject:

Hot Dog wrote:
This is just for fun. Do you have a way of connecting multiple calculators, or can you only connect two calculators to each other?

Do you mean just physically connect them, or get data transfer between all of them?
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 03:57:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Do you mean just physically connect them, or get data transfer between all of them?

I mean being able to send data through all of them, almost like a LAN connection
ztrumpet

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 04:11:57 pm    Post subject:

I voted No because although I have the cables (One of each) and the calcs (I'm in High School) I don't have a way of connecting more than two at the same time.
benryves

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 06:22:40 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Yep. Calc2Net looks to be the premier way to link more than two. (There was a 4-screen game demo up on Maxcoderz for a while).
Are you sure that wasn't CLAP by Timendus? Here's the relevant MaxCoderz link.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 06:29:34 pm    Post subject:

It's probably CLAP. We're using BELL for S.A.D., but since it was done by the same person, I checked out CLAP and got a curosity out of how many people would find a use for CLAP.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 09:02:35 pm    Post subject:

brandonw wrote:
Apparently if I view the poll results before voting, it counts that as a "null vote" or something and I can no longer vote.
I'm going to assume that you did whatever the OP is describing. One to "Yes" added.
ah-blabla

Posted: 02 Nov 2009 03:09:05 pm    Post subject:

There was a wireless connection project here (German page). The Hardware is a small module which you can hide in the calc (this was designed for a voyage 200). However the software for operating it isn't quite finished, and isn't being developed any more (if I have time next summer I'm going to look into this).

Another idea I had is to build a device where you can plug 4 calcs in, and each time one sends a message, the message is relayed to all 3 other calcs. You would need some careful program design though to make this work well.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Nov 2009 03:11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Nov 2009 11:57:58 pm    Post subject:

benryves wrote:
DigiTan wrote:
Yep. Calc2Net looks to be the premier way to link more than two. (There was a 4-screen game demo up on Maxcoderz for a while).
Are you sure that wasn't CLAP by Timendus? Here's the relevant MaxCoderz link.

Yeah, it was definately CLAP. Calc2Net I've never ever tried.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Nov 2009 11:58:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement