This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 Jan 2004 10:52:04 am    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
Looks like this is going to turn out pretty sweet.  Can't wait!

Well, talking about "pretty sweet", here is the new screenie:

2x size:

If the screenies doesn't work, click here.

So is it good (for basic)?

It's a part of the first village. And for the empty square at the top right of the screen, it will be a mini-map only in dungeons. But I keep the same interface anywhere, even on the world map. :Wink:
ducttape_87

Posted: 29 Jan 2004 06:27:45 pm    Post subject:

That is a hell of a lot of stuff on the screen dude! It looks awesome but I would consider removing the grass so that it doesn't look so cluttered. Does it look better on calc?
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Jan 2004 07:55:32 am    Post subject:

I can change it to the other grass sprite I made a long time ago. Of course it will look very basic (like the old Final Fantasy 1). But i'm thionking about putting tyhis sprite in some village and long grass in other (especially in those in 95000 B.C)
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 10:59:19 am    Post subject:

Here is some info about the game that I haven't posted yet:

=======================================
Orbs / Effect
-Pyro / cause some damage to an enemy.
-Freeze / cause a little amount of damage to all enemies
-Blitz / a powerful bolt that inflict major damage to a foe
-Aura / holy attack that do major damage to all enemies
-Psycho / absorb HP from an enemy.
-?????? / it's a secret...
-Vital / restore some HP to an ally
-Saint / restore some HP to all allies
-Cure / restore a lot of HP to an ally
-Life / bring someone back to life with... 1 HP
-?????? / said to be the "greatest" orb in the world.
-Return / bring someone back to life with full HP

Last edited by Guest on 04 Feb 2004 10:59:53 am; edited 1 time in total
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Feb 2004 11:11:56 am    Post subject:

Progress: 7% Done
Current size: 43000 Bytes

Ok it's have been a while since the last post. It's because I was busy at school and I was working on my project.  started working on the world maps and it sound promising. Unfortunately I wanted a fast and not too much detailled map so its graphics will! REALLY!! SUCK!!! It will look like the old NES Zelda Very Happy :

Tiles are squarred like that. Now only the 10th line appear. I'll correct it. Now 3 world maps are finished:

-95000: World of magic
2200: World of peace
2617: World of machines

I'll not reveal the 4th ffour maps cuz there will bve a lot of crap of spoiling in this thread.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Feb 2004 05:14:49 pm    Post subject:

This may be a stupid question, how exactly are you going to fit 43K in a 24K RAM?
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 10 Feb 2004 05:59:30 pm    Post subject:

Maybe he's going to split it up into chapters. Like after you finish the first few levels, you load the next few on to your calc.

btw Robin I like the new sig, very trippy. It makes me feel calm inside...
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 11:23:44 am    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
Maybe he's going to split it up into chapters.  Like after you finish the first few levels, you load the next few on to your calc.

btw Robin I like the new sig, very trippy.  It makes me feel calm inside...

Quote:
This may be a stupid question, how exactly are you going to fit 43K in a 24K RAM?
There's arc memory. Not chapter. I archive useless program from programs with Zflash (I will move to codex) so you don't have to archive, reset or ungroup program, making the use of the game easier. And the game's now 45K.

Progress:
-I was trying weird thing with the first Codex function and I made a prgm like this

Code:
;You need a picture on your calc to run this prgm.
13:Asm(prgmCODEX; clear the graph
While 1
Recallpic 1; or any other picture
0:Asm(prgmCODEX;Shift the screen to the right (or left I don't remember)
End
It looked SOO AAAAWWEESOME!!!!!!!!!! I decided to create this effect when entering in a battle. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 11 Feb 2004 11:29:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 06:11:37 pm    Post subject:

Cool :)

Btw you can do *kinda sorta* greyscale with Codex. Just do this:

Repeat getkey
13:Asm(prgmCODEX
RecallPic 1
RecallPic 2
End

The second pic will look grey. The way I do it, draw pic 1 first and store it, then add all the grey stuff and store pic 2. Maybe you could use it for an intro screen or something. Don't try to do 3 pics though, it flashes enough as is.

Oh and this looks just as good as Joe P's greypic program, so I wouldn't reccomend using that.
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 08:36:48 am    Post subject:

Woah!! I can't realize that I havent' posted here for a while (check maxcoderz for more news).

-Progress: 11.2% done
-Size: 47000 bytes
-The intro is almost complete!!!!!!!!!!! I just have to fix some bugs. Note: the story will be EVEN better than in RL1. In RL1, it was a Cloning story ala Raël.
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 08:41:08 am    Post subject:

Wow basic programs are becoming more advanced day by day! Just look at Contra that is a sweet game! I know asm is the best language to program in because i program in asm, basic app development, but to tell you the truth basic is the only one that really interests me because of the routines that are found and ones that havent been found! Routines that i know of for basic are being found everyday!

BASIC RULES! lol
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Feb 2004 11:36:06 am    Post subject:

Keith Pierce wrote:
BASIC RULES!

Except for text based games.
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Feb 2004 12:35:28 pm    Post subject:

yeah, but hey some text based games can be fun but they get dull after a while!

great jobb man!
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Feb 2004 03:35:32 pm    Post subject:

Nice job, you don't see many games like this, the stupid people at ticalc.org whip out games in minutes and they are crap! This is a very high quality game with many long hours of gameplay, I congraduate you!

PS- Keep asking if you need any help!
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Feb 2004 05:04:34 pm    Post subject:

Tyler wrote:
Nice job, you don't see many games like this, the stupid people at ticalc.org whip out games in minutes and they are crap! This is a very high quality game with many long hours of gameplay, I congraduate you!

PS- Keep asking if you need any help!

Thanks. There isn't much news here compared to maxcoderz (at maxcodserz I always have to double post in my topic) Smile so check here for more details (and register too)

*off-topic* Is it you that made tycalc.com (the site with the red background)?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Feb 2004 06:00:02 pm    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
Cool Smile
Btw you can do *kinda sorta* greyscale with Codex.  Just do this:
Repeat getkey
13:Asm(prgmCODEX
RecallPic 1
RecallPic 2
End

What does the Codex instruction do?
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Apr 2004 12:56:16 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for the quadruple post (DON'T KILL ME DON'T KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I got good news and very bad news:

Good news: My rpg is more than half complete and I'm working on a movie that will be in it, so expect a release in september 2004 (as well as The reign of Legends (v1.23) and The Reign of Legends 2).

Now for the bad news: The reason I'm posting here is that Maxcoderz.com forum closed at april 7th, so I can't post anymore news and I have no contact with most of members here. I hope the forum didn't ended like ti-news.com and badja.calc.org.

EDIT: I deleted the useless outdated posts. It's not a quadruple post anymore. A delete button is nice. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 08 Apr 2004 04:12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Apr 2004 01:11:00 pm    Post subject:

You should have an "Edit" and "Delete" button option. You could've used those.
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Apr 2004 04:10:51 pm    Post subject:

Hey right, there is a delete button! At maxcoderz I can't delete double-posts. However I kept the story from one of my old posts.

Quote:
The story mainly occurs in the future in the 2200s. You start in 2235 in a post-apocalyptic world in a high and dark place, with an average party LV of 40. You are the 3 remaining humans on the earth who survived to the massive destruction (I'll explain that later). Then 3 monsters come. You can't defeat them cuz you don't have any magic orbs to cast. They have 15000 HPs and they cast AURA, which causes 1000 HP damages. So you die, eliminating the human race from the earth. 382 years later, one of the four emperor's servants, Xemeca, decide to leave this chaos cuz he have a heart. He didn't wanted the end of the humanity so he decide to fool the emperor. Since he have the power of travelling between the four worlds fixed by Gaia after the events, he decide to came back in the past and meet these 3 warriors. He meets Lekens, the Ninja and tell him that the Apocalypse is approaching in the next days and he have to find the two other survivors. The first one is in the village (Kindapulk) and his name is Zanik. He have a lot of HP and attack very well. You go see him and then Xemeca send you in the late future (2617) where you have to find a treasure called NEOMEGA, which can make magic orbs existing. When you find it (travelling your way through a big bunch of weak monsters), Xemeca send you in the Prehistoric era, where you can get help how to use the orb. This is where you can find Nomesi, the 3rd survivor. He know almost everything about orbs. Once here, go in Nomesi village to find him (Xemeca is in the left house and Nomesi in the right house). Once he joins your party, he tell you to go in the Gaia volcano in the north. You have to the orb near the tree in the volcano. But when Zanik examines the tree, he notice that it have... eyes. It's not a tree, but an ERTEN (monster from the Reign of Legends 1). Your now engage the first mini-boss of the game. He's easy (LV 6, 600 HP) but just be careful when he cast PYRO, which causes 100 HP damages. Once you beaten him, you go see Xemeca and he send you back near Kindapulk in 2200. And then, the adventure begins...

The game is now 57,8% complete. I progressed during my... english class Very Happy , working on the movie!
X1011

Posted: 08 Apr 2004 11:25:14 pm    Post subject:

How do you figure out the % to .8? lol Laughing
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement