This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
miamiflashfan

Posted: 10 Sep 2009 07:54:14 pm    Post subject:

Alright, so I'll start out by saying I'm pretty computer illiterate, so don't make taunt me if there's some obvious solution. :)

I've attempted to download TI-Connect on 64-bit Vista, and it says that it can't find any driver software (or something along the lines of that), and that my OS isn't compatible with TI-Connect. It seems to have downloaded just fine, but when I attempt to take a screenshot (or do anything for that matter), TI-Connect can't connect to my calculator. I've tried putting the USB cable in all 3 of my USB ports, mainly because I have no idea what a Com3 Port is.

I know this is a pretty broad question, but can anybody help me out here?
DrDnar

Posted: 11 Sep 2009 06:47:12 am    Post subject:

Chances are it means exactly what it says: TI-Connect is not compatible with 64-bit Vista. I don't think TI has updated TI-Connect because the version number is still at 1.6 and the web site says SP2 for XP is recent. TILP might work—I wouldn't count on it, but it's worth a try. If that doesn't work, your only other option is to install 32-bit XP, losing all your programs and data on the computer in the process.

The problem is that 64-bit Windows cannot use 32-bit drivers.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Sep 2009 01:40:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Sep 2009 11:26:30 am    Post subject:

TiLP should work. I know some people with TiLP on win64.
miamiflashfan

Posted: 11 Sep 2009 09:29:15 pm    Post subject:

Is there any chance that they update TI-Connect any time soon?

And what exactly is TILP? Does it have the ability to take screenshots, because that's the primary reason I'll be needing something like this.

Thanks guys.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Sep 2009 07:12:52 am    Post subject:

TiLP is a third-party linking program. It can indeed take screenshots, and is superior in nearly every way to TI-Connect (at least in terms of linking and reliability; not sure about the rest). The only problem I know of is that it's near impossible to get working, but if you can get past that issue then it's an excellent tool.

—Link—

Last edited by Guest on 12 Sep 2009 07:13:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Sep 2009 01:54:22 pm    Post subject:

If you do what the installer says, no problems. I've managed to get it installed on the first try on both a win64 and a linux system.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Sep 2009 01:54:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement