This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 08:12:31 am    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
It'd be worth a shot. What I REALLY think you do is try carrying a portable VanDeGraaff generator around with you. It might sting a bit, but it'd be so much fun to see bolts of lightning arcing out of your fingers and ANNIHILATING the idiotic things. Bwahahahaha!

...If that would work, that is.

I don't know as it would work, because you are constantly in contact with the ground, and since electricity takes the path of least resistance, it wouldn't go through someone else. Since a big is not in contact with the ground, and you are, guess who'd be getting the shock. Wink
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 09:40:14 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, it would be cool to have some kind of active defense against these flying terrors. So far, I kind of favor the hat trick--which seems really simple and direct.

Gaaaaaah!! I think one of them chased my car!! I was scoping out the park to see if there might be deer flies. When I saw there were actually people enjoying themselves, I was convinced and did a U-turn for home. I pulled out of the intersection and in my rearview saw some insane zig-zagging bug following trying to land on the rear glass. Had to get it up to 25mph to loose it. Well the hell?!!? Needless to say, I haven't been outdoors since. Tomorrow's windy. I might go out then.

[edit]
Maybe a balaclava would help.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Aug 2009 09:54:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ztrumpet

Posted: 14 Aug 2009 02:13:55 pm    Post subject:

Augghhhhh!!!!!!

I just got back from Band Camp and the mosquitos there go into your cabin to [s]bite[/s] kill you in your sleep...

At least they arn't deer flies!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement