This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 04:41:43 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE!!!! Version 0.3 released!!
Here is a video of the game in action:
[attachment=2715:vid.gif]
I have released a new version of Spacefight! It features a timer, multiple difficulties (five to be exact), some optimization, and some other minor changes. I have worked hard on this, so please download and rate this game!

Spacefight is a FULLY GRAPHICAL scrolling shooter game in TI-Basic, you play as a spaceship that has to shoot down as many asteroids (and soon enemy spacecraft) before the timer (bottom right of the screen) runs out. The game has multiple difficulties, Easiest, Easy, Normal, Hard, and Hardest, depending on whether you are a novice pilot or an ace flier.
Please refer to the Readme file, included in the .zip file or the in-game help for more infomation.

Here is version 0.3
[attachment=2712:Spacefig...sion_0.3.zip]

Run prgmMENU.8xp to start playing

What I need from you is feedback. I know this game is far from finished, but I need your ideas on what to add. Also, please report any bugs you find. Thanks, and have fun.
-Maverik94

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jun 2009 06:33:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ztrumpet

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 06:03:41 pm    Post subject:

Fun!
What maverik94 didn't say: Run prgmMENU to start the game.

Tested on a 83+:
Slow, almost too slow.

Tested on a 84+SE:
Fast, almost too fast. Smile
Movment is a little limited. You can't go from one side of the screen to the other in the time theta falls.

When you exit use Output,1,1," //No space
before the Stop.

Make all the programs into one for the finished version. It will even be smaller!

I like the Help :)

I'd say don't lock the code; I just unlocked them. Nobody here will steal your code, we just want to help.

EDIT: Mabey add a timer based on how many times it loops thru the main game loop?

EDIT x2: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prgmRESET!!!!!!!!!
First 7 lines=one command: Zstandard ([Zoom] [6])

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2009 09:29:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 11:13:41 pm    Post subject:

Ok, thanks very much for the feedback!
Ok, speed, I made it on my 83+, but I don't know of anything to speed it up much.
I know movement is limited, but I originaly had it move 4 pixels at a time instead of 3 pixels, which it is doing right now. Well, I did that on purpose, because if you move 4 pixels at a time, sometimes you can't have a chance at hitting the theta, so not much I can do there.
I know that little output 1,1 trick, but i just haven't added that yet, thanks for reminding me!
Well, the reason I wanted to make it into seperate programs is sothat it would run faster, it would, right? Also, I am planning to use basic-builder to make the game into an app, so...
Yeah, the help was REALLY rushed.
Ok, from now on I won't lock the code.
Timer, why?
OKOKOK, sorry, I'm not THAT well versed in TI lore :biggrin:, I will adjust that for future versions. Thanks again for the feedback, and Ideas for other enemies, modes, speeding it up etc?

EDIT: I know where the zstandard var is, but where is the just plain 'zoom' func.?

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2009 11:16:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ztrumpet

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 10:26:51 am    Post subject:

Ok, Here goes.
maverik94 wrote:
Ok, thanks very much for the feedback!
Ok, speed, I made it on my 83+, but I don't know of anything to speed it up much.
You can't unless you optimize. ex: If X=R or X=R+1 or X=R-1 could be If X<R+2 and X>R-2. EDIT: Or better yet: If 2>abs(X-R
maverik94 wrote:
I know movement is limited, but I originaly had it move 4 pixels at a time instead of 3 pixels, which it is doing right now. Well, I did that on purpose, because if you move 4 pixels at a time, sometimes you can't have a chance at hitting the theta, so not much I can do there.
This is fine. You might want to use only half the screen instead of the full screen. (?)
maverik94 wrote:
I know that little output 1,1 trick, but i just haven't added that yet, thanks for reminding me!
This is an unfinished version, so I didn't know if you knew that.
maverik94 wrote:
Well, the reason I wanted to make it into seperate programs is sothat it would run faster, it would, right? Also, I am planning to use basic-builder to make the game into an app, so...
The only slowdown would be if you used Gotos and Lbls. You are using them, but you don't need speed there since it's not part of the main game loop.
Also, BasicBuilder(tm) is a waste of space when you're only using 1/16 of it's total room (in the APP).
maverik94 wrote:
Yeah, the help was REALLY rushed.
lol
maverik94 wrote:
Ok, from now on I won't lock the code.
YAY!
maverik94 wrote:
Timer, why?
It seemed that you could sit in one spot and wait for theta to fall from right on top of you. A timer would make you move more often to get a higher score. You could put a timer on line two of prgmGAME by replacing the While 1 with For(A,1,500 . (?)
maverik94 wrote:
OKOKOK, sorry, I'm not THAT well versed in TI lore :biggrin:, I will adjust that for future versions. Thanks again for the feedback, and Ideas for other enemies, modes, speeding it up etc?
That's not a question Sad
lol Smile
maverik94 wrote:
EDIT: I know where the zstandard var is, but where is the just plain 'zoom' func.?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. When you reset all defaults it defaults to Zstandard. You might want to check out StoreGDB and RecallGDB at TIBD.
TIBD Home: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/home
StoreGDB: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/storegdb
RecallGDB: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/recallgdb
Also for optimizing check out the DelVar command: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/delvar

Good luck with your program! Smile

Last edited by Guest on 26 Jun 2009 11:35:48 am; edited 1 time in total
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 12:10:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You can't unless you optimize. ex: If X=R or X=R+1 or X=R-1 could be If X<R+2 and X>R-2. EDIT: Or better yet: If 2>abs(X-R

ok, I fixed those two spots
Quote:
This is fine. You might want to use only half the screen instead of the full screen. (?)

I guess I could make it run sideways, so it would be a smaller area to move
Quote:
The only slowdown would be if you used Gotos and Lbls. You are using them, but you don't need speed there since it's not part of the main game loop.
Also, BasicBuilderâ„¢ is a waste of space when you're only using 1/16 of it's total room (in the APP).

Ok, I will look into that
Quote:
It seemed that you could sit in one spot and wait for theta to fall from right on top of you. A timer would make you move more often to get a higher score. You could put a timer on line two of prgmGAME by replacing the While 1 with For(A,1,500 . (?)

Good idea, I think I'll do that, and I can even draw the ammount of time left
Quote:
That's not a question
lol

Sorry, i was tired, What I meant was: ANY ideas instead of AND ideas
Quote:
I'm not quite sure what you mean. When you reset all defaults it defaults to Zstandard. You might want to check out StoreGDB and RecallGDB at TIBD.
TIBD Home: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/home
StoreGDB: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/storegdb
RecallGDB: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/recallgdb
Also for optimizing check out the DelVar command: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/delvar

well, you said:
Quote:
prgmRESET!!!!!!!!!
First 7 lines=one command: Zstandard ([Zoom] [6])

so my question was how do you get the 'zoom' part of the command? I can find everything else.
Ok, I'm looking at those sites now.
Thanks for all your help, you have been very...well...helpfull Laughing Laughing Laughing
ztrumpet

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 02:36:30 pm    Post subject:

I see what you mean.
The ([Zoom] [6]) are the keypresses to get to the command.

I like the sideways idea. Mabey both ways?
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 02:59:28 pm    Post subject:

ok, gotcha, yeah, I'm pondering the sideways idea...
ztrumpet

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 09:16:10 pm    Post subject:

Idea!

You don't need to modify your window variables if you're smart. Just use the existing ones.
Ex:
Vertical Xmin
Vertical Xmax
Horizontal Ymin
Horizontal Ymin+7 /delta/ Y //I didn't want to find the delta triangle. Press [Vars] [1] [9] to get this.
Line(Xmin+X /delta/ Y,Ymin+10 /delta/ X,Xmin+X /delta/ Y,Ymax //I'm not looking at your code, but I think it's like this when you shoot.

If you have any questions, just ask.
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 11:37:44 am    Post subject:

is this to make it sideways?
ztrumpet

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 12:12:31 pm    Post subject:

No, these were for the existing (vertical) orentation.

Try running those from the home screen. (Before running the last one, make sure X is a value it would be in the program.)
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 05:07:03 pm    Post subject:

well, I'm ok with how that part works. I just wanted to let you know that I will be coming out with a new version very soon. It will include a better help Cool, some optimization, a timer, various difficulties, and a few minor changes. Expect this in the next day or two. However, I must say I am kinda dissapointed that no-one else has responded or downloaded this game. I am ok with that, but I just want to know why...is it because this game sucks or what?, but how can you know without downloading it? (I'm not talking about you ztrumpet, you have been very helpfull and I thank you). If someone could tell me why this topic has barley any trafic I would geatly appreciate this. I'm not mad at anybody, I just want to know what I can do to make my game more appealing. Thanks!
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 02:14:24 pm    Post subject:

Spacefight Version 0.3 has been released, please download it above! It is greatly improved from the old version!
ztrumpet

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 02:28:05 pm    Post subject:

EPIC !

I like the different difficulties.
In a few minutes I will upload prgmMENU with many optimizations.

EDIT: Here, I saved you 60 bytes. Compare the two side by side to see the difference and the optimizations. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jun 2009 02:36:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 03:21:28 pm    Post subject:

ok, thanks for the help and compliments
ztrumpet

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 04:10:22 pm    Post subject:

Ideas:
1. Mabey limit the number of shots. (?)
2. Make it so that if you press up you will shoot, as well as pressing 2nd.
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 04:59:58 pm    Post subject:

ok, I will add the up arrow thing, but as far as limiting the # of shots, you already have a limited amount of time, plus, there isn't room to display it... unless I added a bar on top....yes, that's what I'll do. Thanks for the feedback, I guess you're the only one interested...dang...I was hoping to get some more people interested...but I'm glad you are ztrumpet.
ztrumpet

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 06:01:36 pm    Post subject:

It's okay, more people are intrested than you think. They may not have downloaded your game, but more people will download the finished game.
Mabey a video would help:
[attachment=2714:Spaceflight.gif]
The minor errors in the video are because of Wabbit. (Bottom row pixels arn't showing up right)
===================================================================
Okay, back on topic:
When you put the up arrow in with second you probably did:
If K=21 or K=25
Instead it is smaller and faster as:
If 2=abs(K-23

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jun 2009 06:02:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 06:06:51 pm    Post subject:

ok, I added that, but how do I make a .gif animation of the game?
ztrumpet

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 06:13:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm using Wabbit Emulator to make gif images. I just click on start gif capture and save it. Then I run whatever I want a video of and when I'm done, I click on stop gif capture.
You can find Wabbit emu here:
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/resources
Click on the emulators tab then on the emulator you want. To get a gif capture on any other emulator use Calc Capture. Yuo can find it under the uiltilities tab. For most emulators you need a rom image. Use rom8x from the utilities tab to get a rom image.
maverik94

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 06:34:09 pm    Post subject:

Do I just attach the picture like that?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement