This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Farid4444

Posted: 13 Jun 2009 09:24:48 pm    Post subject:

I'm a new member here and I am desperately trying to find a solution to my problem.

I have a TI-89 titanium and I'm trying to install it into my computer. When I connect it, the computer prompts me to "install driver device software", so then I insert the disc that came with the calculator, but after that it tells me that "wndows could not find driver software for your device".

Is there a compatibility issue with the calculator and windows vista?

Could anyone please help me with this problem?
TI-newb

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 08:36:41 am    Post subject:

Wow. this happened with my Ti-84+. What your supposed to do is Put the disc in B4 u even Plug it in.. Yeah i didn't read the end of themanual.. (Who does?)

Anyways. I installed the disk and everything.. and got Ti-Connect. After that. i just kept trying to plug it in. and eventually it worked.

Just keep trying or something.. (And yes. when i plugged it in after i installed the Disc (it said something like.. the error u had)

EDIT: InsomniacDreams, My freind has a Ti-89, and he and i cannot find any forum that helps on the Ti-89.. So if you are planning on getting programming help from forums and find any. you should Post it up here XD! *if i find any il post it up here too*

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jun 2009 08:39:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Farid4444

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 11:39:38 am    Post subject:

Will Do TI-Newb. By the way, I had already installed TI-connect before I inserted the disc, does that matter at all?
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 06:14:30 am    Post subject:

I *think* you can find the files for both the Silverlink and the USB direct cable (probably what you have) in the [drivename]\Program Files\TI Education\Driver Files directory. Try those.

EDIT: Also, for a very comprehensive (and suprisingly still relevant) guide to getting started with an 89Ti, you can check the link in my sig

Last edited by Guest on 05 Jul 2010 08:31:01 am; edited 1 time in total
TI-newb

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 11:06:03 am    Post subject:

K.. uhm. How did u install TI-Connect b4 putting in the Disc..?
Okay here. Your supposed to install Ti-connect, and thats all u need. The disc doesn't have to be in, it's just.. u need the disc to get Ti-Connect.

Are there still problems with connecting to the computer? or is it all good.
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 11:35:08 am    Post subject:

[quote name='TI-newb' post='134282' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:06 PM']K.. uhm. How did u install TI-Connect b4 putting in the Disc..?[...][/quote]
I think he means that he installed TI-Connect from the website, and the disc is the one that came with the calc (the disc with the drivers on it).
TI-newb

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 12:41:38 pm    Post subject:

Hmm. i see. *lol i didn't know u could get it from the website..* Then Dude. i don't know whats wrong.. just keep trying to plug it in. and have fun!
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 12:49:41 pm    Post subject:

What you might want to try is going into your computer's list of drivers. Your login needs to have administrator rights to do this. Find the driver that the computer automatically installed, since Windows will do that if you don't install it ahead of time. It will have a yellow triangle with an "!" next to it. I can't remember what it's called, and I'm not on a Windows computer right now, so I can't give you specifics. But there should be one under the section of USB drivers. Delete it, and unplug your calculator. Then install the driver from the disc.

Sorry if that's a little confusing. Let me know if you need more help. I'll see what I can do after I get Windows back on my computer.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement