This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 05:46:16 pm    Post subject:

that is amazing could you post how you made it
ztrumpet

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 06:47:39 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to United Ti!

Ok, here goes:
One night I was thinking about games I could make instead of falling asleap. I remembered a computer game I had seen long ago. I decided it was a worthwile game to make, but with numerous changes.
That night I thought about how it would work, and what I wanted. Then next morning I started on code.
I made the menu systems first, and learned a lot from them. I also made the demo shown here in the first week or so.
I kinda lost intrest after making the demo, but in about a month I started this topic and posted the demo.
This drove me to recode everything I already had made, with help from my previous code.
Soon after I had everything working except the level editor. I worked really hard on the level editor, and it took me about a month and many, many hours. It eventually worked, with some really hard code.
Last was making the levels not shown in the demo, with the level editor. That took about a month.
Then I released it here, but I still need to write a read-me.

If you (or anyone) want to print/use the code, go ahead. The code for the playing of custom levels (#2 from the main menu) was taken from Darkerline's Donut Quest (My favorite Ti Basic game Smile ) so if you want to use that code ask him.

Above all, have fun!

Last edited by Guest on 13 Oct 2009 06:48:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 07:51:37 pm    Post subject:

Fantastic job ztrumpet, im glad you aquired the inspiration/motivation to finish this game! Smile.
ztrumpet

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 04:29:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks tr1p1ea. :)

====
BUMP!

I finished the Read Me!
This means it is now finished! YAY!
[attachment=2879:Drifter_Video.gif]
Enjoy the Read Me!
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 10:05:18 pm    Post subject:

cool ill download it to my comp now but with out a link cable that's as far is ill get, dang.
ztrumpet

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 11:56:52 am    Post subject:

*Bump*
This is most likely the last time I bump this. Sad

Drifter's my first (and only) game on TiCalc!
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/423/42374.html
Bhaliar

Posted: 20 Nov 2009 12:03:20 am    Post subject:

I'm not trying to steal your idea. I like it but don't have enough rom for it, and can't download it. You said it was all in basic, well I am just wondering how you got the character to stop on the right wall?
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 20 Nov 2009 03:37:42 pm    Post subject:

Pxl-Test(
Builderboy2005

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 Nov 2009 04:53:01 pm    Post subject:

GloryMXE7 wrote:
Pxl-Test(

What an informative and thoroughly helpful post. That seems to have cleared everything up.

On a related note, the way you can use pxlTest is to have it test for on pixels in the direction you are traveling, if you set up your walls correctly, and you test for the right pixel, you can tell when you are about to hit a wall, and then alter the velocity as you need. Pixeltest is usefull because of how fast it is compared to all the other ways for checking for collision, and can speed up your game/program quite a bit.
ztrumpet

Posted: 20 Nov 2009 08:41:47 pm    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:
I'm not trying to steal your idea. I like it but don't have enough rom for it, and can't download it. You said it was all in basic, well I am just wondering how you got the character to stop on the right wall?

3 step system for adding rom:
1: Decide you want Drifter
2: Have a Mem Clear
3: Place Drifter on Calc
Smile <jk>

I use matrices for collision detection in Drifter. PxlTest would have probably been better though...
Bhaliar

Posted: 22 Nov 2009 08:13:21 pm    Post subject:

Haha. And could you use a list for the pixel test?
ztrumpet

Posted: 22 Nov 2009 08:17:35 pm    Post subject:

No, we are refering to the pxlTest command. http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/pxl-test
Bhaliar

Posted: 22 Nov 2009 08:34:14 pm    Post subject:

I know what pixel test is. I was just wondering if you could have the coordinates its supposed to pixel test in a single list.

Actually, I just thunk. XD.

Could you have the pixel test activate when your player is moving in a direction, like if your player was coordinate X Y, and its going right, have it check X, Y+1?

Last edited by Guest on 22 Nov 2009 08:35:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bhaliar

Posted: 22 Nov 2009 08:38:10 pm    Post subject:

Builderboy2005 wrote:
GloryMXE7 wrote:
Pxl-Test(

What an informative and thoroughly helpful post. That seems to have cleared everything up.

On a related note, the way you can use pxlTest is to have it test for on pixels in the direction you are traveling, if you set up your walls correctly, and you test for the right pixel, you can tell when you are about to hit a wall, and then alter the velocity as you need. Pixeltest is usefull because of how fast it is compared to all the other ways for checking for collision, and can speed up your game/program quite a bit.

Thanks. I didn't see your post at first, but that really clears it up. XD
Bhaliar

Posted: 27 Nov 2009 05:48:42 pm    Post subject:

I actually made my own version. It uses a getkey loop for movement and tests pixel in the direction your moving. I have 2 levels done, and am making a third.
ztrumpet

Posted: 27 Nov 2009 06:35:02 pm    Post subject:

Nice. The harder part would be making all the different pieces work. However, the hardest part was the level editor.
Bhaliar

Posted: 02 Dec 2009 03:04:44 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I know the level editor problem. I have one which can turn on and off, but it might be confusing. I wanna make one where you have a line, and you can turn it and place it. I dunno.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement